Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 4:26:39 PM EDT
I need the torque values for mating the action to the stock, and I can't find my manual (presumably the info is there...).  I have the SBS tactical with the 10 rd mag adapter, so there are actually three different bolts (well, one is a bolt within a bolt).

TIA,
Rocko
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
62 inch pounds of torque
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch!  Looks like mine didn't like the 62 in-lbs, and the front action screw snapped.  I know my torque wrench is good/accurate (and no, I wasn't trying to torque it to 62 ft-lbs...).  Based on feel, I'd say I was nearing that torque value - but definitely nothing that should have caused it to snap.  I was able to back the broken piece out of the action, but since the screw appears to be molded into the 10 round mag adapter, the entire assembly will need to be replaced.  Does anyone know if Dynamit-Nobel/RWS is handling warranty repairs for Steyr firearms imported by GSI (GSI isn't doing them anymore...)?  Is this something that would be covered under warranty?  I wasn't doing anything bizarre...

Thanks,
Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top