Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
well i jus bought that remington 700 PSS for around 960 then my bushy 16" was around 960 as

V...... umm you need a new dealer. And wash the "I will pay any price you name" off your forhead.

A PSS can be had for as low as $650 and all day for $695.

That must a been some super trick Bushy for $960. too.

Good luck

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
i get the hook up!  the 700 PSS came with a scope, 300 rounds, an aluminum case, including tax

the bushy he gave me 2 extra mags when i bought it for cheap cheap and about 500 rounds to shoot... that 960 is with tax  

yea ive seen the 700 PSS ror like 730 or such but it was completely stock.. no scope, no aluminum case, and no 300 rounds either
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Muwahahahahahahaha...there can be only one.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I've seen like 5 topics here on AR15.com lately saying TACS/USP's don't eat Wolf. The post all seemed like 2nd hand knowledge and not worth replying to, but I can't take it anymore! I have a Tac, and my neighboor has a USP, and they both swallow wolf with absolutly no problem. In fact, with approx 10k rnds in my tac and 4k in his USP, we have NEVER had ANY problem of ANY sort. we each have dumped around 2k of wolf through our respective guns. I also have never had a problem shooting it in my USC.

I also have talked to many other USP/Tac owners with no problem with it, other than the idea of using cheap ammo in a quality gun. I have talked to ONE tac owner that had problems with wolf jamming in the chamber, and split 2 cases. My bet is it was a bad batch of wolf, as he only used 2 boxes of it IIRC. IMO, he thought it was the gun, he can send it, AND the ammo, back to HK for under the lifetime warrenty that comes with EVERY new HK sold in the USA.

My friend has a Sig p220 ST which had trouble with wolf sticking in the camber, or the slide not closing all the way, but that was when the gun had a couple hundred rounds on it. After another 500 rnds or so of S&B, it also digest the wolf fine.

I was about to buy ANOTHER tac, but I think I'm going to get another USC to SBR 1st.

Anyway, I have only positive things to say about the Tac, but not enough time to say it, so TTYL,

Justin
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
i want one quietshootr! damn you! does it lessen the recoil any? i mean what does it really sound like?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
all who replied to my thread kick ass and thanks for all the info hopefully i'll get the pistol on my b-day June the 10th... everyone can send me 20 bucks if they want to

but yea thanks again for all the help
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The HK USP Tactical is one of those pistols that just seems to sell itself.  Mine was about $1350 out the door with the laser (which is about $300 alone).  Mine was free, which makes it even more attractive

LL
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The HK USP Tactical is one of those pistols that just seems to sell itself.  Mine was about $1350 out the door with the laser (which is about $300 alone).  Mine was free, which makes it even more attractive

hr

Now this is nice imagine if it had the suppressor was put on Get mine Aug 13 turn 21

my first handgun I will be sure to post a pic of it and the rest of my collection when i get it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The major differences between the standard USP and the tactical are these:
Tactical has a match grade trigger grouping which makes for a smoother DA pull.  I've never noticed much difference between a standard or a match trigger during single action pulls.
Tactical also has the extended, threaded barrel with o-ring lockup.
HIGH profile front sight and adjustable rear sight.

You can buy all these parts seperately and piece together your own "tactical" out of a USP.  Of course it won't say tactical on the slide and you'll pay more in the end.  I've seen a few guys do this with .40 and 9mm pistols since the Tac isn't available in those calibers.

Actually the recoil spring assembly is also different.  It is specificly made for use with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are nice pistols but they won't shoot Wolf ammo reliably. To me this is a problem, a defensive firearm should be able to shoot whatever ammo that might become available during times of trouble.

VA - fess up - you don't own one and you have no personal experience with HKs and Wolf. Your a raving Glock fan, and at the church of Glock they said HK sucks and you toe the line. And that's all cool and the gang.

But the statement above - is BS.

My apologies if my original post upset you so, it was a poorly worded statement. I had posted something similiar in another post but I didn't give all the info in this one. I have personally never tried Wolf .45 ammo in the HK pistols. I have tried several HK pistols before without Wolf and that is why I said they were nice pistols.

That being said, I have read (and that is what I should of added to the original post) from several different places about the Wolf .45 ammo having problems in the HK pistols. I don't recall seeing any statements about Wolf in other calibers being a problem in the HK pistols (so I also should of stated in my original post that it was the .45 that I have read about). The posts that I am refering to are ones that people have claimed to have had problems with the Wolf in their HK's in .45 so I can only go by that. If folks don't post the positive stories then who is to know?

I will say that I am a die hard Glock fan but I don't discount the HK being a fine pistol (unless I am just busting balls). If it is the standard Glock vs. HK nonsense then of course I will pick on the HK, that is part of the game here. I guess if I wanted to own a .45 I probably would choose an HK (after a Glock of course ).

Again if my original post bothered any of you then please except my apology for a poorly worded post.

I will stick with my original assumption that if a particular pistol will not work with the ammo it is fed then I don't consider the pistol reliable. I take that back, if the particular weapon doesn't work with whatever it is fed then it isn't reliable IMO.

Plus if any of you thought I was picking on Wolf ammo then you haven't seen enough of my posts on the issue.

Vermillion I hope you enjoy the pistol, even if it is an HK
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks gunnut  and i have seen your posts on wolf i love wolf in my AR and i'll prolly try it out in my 700 PSS and in the HK too... but i will use some Hydroshoks or some other 17 bucks for 20 bullets brand for protection but i dont like to jus leave guns sitting around i gotta go atleast unload a 30rounder jus to get that feeling back in my blood..  im gonna shoot the hell out of my 700 PSS and the HK  

i have a buddy of mine who got a laminated Ruger 270 LH bolt for xmas 2 years ago for deer hunting and he hasnt shot but maybe a box of 20 winchester silver ballistic tips in it AND THATS IT!!!!!!!... i told him he need to lemme borrow it for a weekend and i'd have 250 rounds throuh it in 2-3 days
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Actually the recoil spring assembly is also different.  It is specificly made for use with a suppressor.

Not that I want to get into a tiff with you but I'm nearly 100% certain that you are wrong.  If the recoil spring assembly was specifically made for use with a suppressor, you wouldn't need a suppressor that has a booster assembly.  Most suppressors that do not have a booster assembly will not allow the slide to function properly.  I say most because there are now some extremely light weight models available that do work.  This is a "problem" of the modified Browning-type action.

One thing I did forget to mention is the loaded chamber indicator.  It's basically just a red stripe on the edge of the extractor.

But while trying to verify this (which I haven't yet, but that doesn't make me wrong ) I found this info from HKs Obendorf website:

To meet operational environmental requirements, the pistol was function tested at +59 °C and -31 °C, exposed to 2 hours of submersion in sea water at 20 meters, placed in surf, salt-fog, sand-dust, mud, icing, unlubricated, and fouled environments.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I want to get into a tiff with you but I'm nearly 100% certain that you are wrong.  If the recoil spring assembly was specifically made for use with a suppressor, you wouldn't need a suppressor that has a booster assembly.  Most suppressors that do not have a booster assembly will not allow the slide to function properly.  I say most because there are now some extremely light weight models available that do work.  This is a "problem" of the modified Browning-type action.

One thing I did forget to mention is the loaded chamber indicator.  It's basically just a red stripe on the edge of the extractor.

But while trying to verify this (which I haven't yet, but that doesn't make me wrong ) I found this info from HKs Obendorf website:

To meet operational environmental requirements, the pistol was function tested at +59 °C and -31 °C, exposed to 2 hours of submersion in sea water at 20 meters, placed in surf, salt-fog, sand-dust, mud, icing, unlubricated, and fouled environments.

I thought it was a bunch of bull when I saw a few guys on the HK board verifying it.  I called HK and they confirmed that it was different.  I will have to take apart the Tactical at the shop next time I am there.  I cant remember what HK said the parts cost but it wasnt to terribly bad.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wish I had one!

I am a fan of H&K's as well, and I own a USP .45 Compact.  But the tactical, and the Mk23, are just too expensive. Maybe after I win or earn my first million, I can see paying over a grand for a pistol.

But I will pay over a grand for a rifle any day!  

Amen dude.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Whats the best price anyone has seen on the tacticals and any good websites.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Gun Buyers Guide 2002 has HK USP Tactical $1,124...

Shooters Bible 2002 has HK USP Tactical $1,069 w/cleaning kit and case

My local Gun Shop is selling them for $1,069 w/cleaning kit and case plus the extra mag that comes with it and 2 extra mags and 250 rounds of any ammo I choose
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Muwahahahahahahaha...there can be only one.

Oh that is some beatuiful stuff there quit shootr....if only kaliban allowed such goodies.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was about to buy ANOTHER tac, but I think I'm going to get another USC to SBR 1st.

Anyway, I have only positive things to say about the Tac, but not enough time to say it, so TTYL,

Justin

Hey JTR, did you know there are sten conversion kits for the USC? Hi capacity mags baby. muahahha
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone got a website that has some lights or lasers that fits on the USP's?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#20]
howabout surefire.com vermilion!

you have it bookmarked under your Guns and Ammo folder... along with about 50+ other guns and ammo related sites ... thats prolly why i didnt think of it, to many favorites in the folder
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#21]
ok now im talking to myself at 3:15am ... maybe i should goto bed and quit replying to my own thread
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Check the price on this website pretty good

www.impactguns.com/store/hk_tactical_45.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
LIGHTNING LINK:

What kind of laser attachment is that on your pic?  Will it fit nicely on a USP Compact?  Where did you get it/how much?

I need the scoop!

Mine is a Laser Devices BA-6.  You can read about them at www.laserdevices.com.  From the home page select Lasers / Pistols and then under Model choose BA-6 for HK USP Compact.  I initially got a BA-5 for USP Compact and it would not fit my Tactical, so there is a difference.

The only place I've seen them online is at Applied Laser for $319.  I got mine at the local gunshop for about $329.

LL
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i want one quietshootr! damn you! does it lessen the recoil any? i mean what does it really sound like?  

It's sweet.  Wet, it's about 125dB, and the character of the sound totally changes.  You can hear it, but it doesn't sound at all like a gunshot. It does mitigate recoil, and I shoot more accurately with the suppressor mounted than without.  I get 2.5-4" groups at 50, on the average.

And the recoil spring assembly is different.  It's a different part number from HK...it's visibly no different from the standard HK full-size 45.  

QS
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#25]
very nice... I can't make my mind up if i wanna  put a flashlight on the pistol or a laser... laser looks cooler and can be used day and night  flashlight jus night hmmmm...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Vermillion,

Well, get both! -That's my plan anyway, to get the LAM with whitelight, laser, and IR illuminator. To bad it cost $1300-1400.

The ITI m6 is supposed to be released soon for the USP rails. That's a whitelight/laser combo for $350.

GunsmithDude,

Yep, I know! I have 10 new sealed in wapper 30rnd m3 mags sitting here waiting for the kit to arrive:-). That's also why I'm getting another USC. -It'll get SBR'ed, mag kit for 30 rnd mags, and no stock:-).

Also, I to can conferm the recoil spring assembly is different in the Tac than the USP. I see the inside of my Tac and my neigbors USP .45F all the time. Also, ask any HK autherized dealer, or look in 90% of the liturature for the USP/Tac searies, and the'll tell ya. That's what makes them as relable with the can as with out.

-Justin
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

My apologies if my original post upset you so, ....

I will say that I am a die hard Glock fan

Again if my original post bothered any of you then please except my apology for a poorly worded post.

I will stick with my original assumption that if a particular pistol will not work with the ammo it is fed then I don't consider the pistol reliable. I take that back, if the particular weapon doesn't work with whatever it is fed then it isn't reliable IMO.

Vermillion I hope you enjoy the pistol, even if it is an HK

VA - we are all just busting balls here. And FWIW - I don't have a stake in either company and I understand that everyone has a personal prefferance - so I don't get too caught up in any of this "Ford / Chevy" stuff.

One note to all: One of the great benifits of these boards is that you can ask a question and get a review of a product before you drop a bunch a coin.

Gun rags give worthless reviews. Boards "can" give substanitive reviews.

However, we all kinda need to keep in mind how extensive our own knowledge is of a particular product used in a particular application.

I'd be pissed if I read a bunch of posts that said Hesse is a great product - rush out and grab one, and due to that advice I passed on a quality piece like an "A", "B", or a "C" gun (Armalite, Bushy, Colt) and dropped the coin on a steaming pile by Hesse.

Think about what you like about these boards. Think about what you expect when you ask the question.

Otherwise - we are just having fun - bustin' each other's balls.

Oh and one last note about ammo and quality defensive pieces - unless this Red Dawn (in which case you will be happy to have a firearm in hand regardless of quality, and if it fails you will just have to scavenage a better one) - why knock a weapon b/c it doesn't handle sub par ammo? Your not gonna carry that ammo any way.

Example:

Benellis and 1187's that don't function well with low base ammo (yes benelli fans - I have seen this MANY times at matches). Does that make them inferior? Umm.... no. Your not gonna keep that ammo in there for anything serious any way.

Besides inferior ammo often has different QC standards which may result in more high primers and other problems which effect reliability.

Take care

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#28]
This is hardly a clinical test but...a friend (gun store emp.) and I went to the range with his USP .45 and a few coffee cans of ammo that he had accumulated at the store. Easily 500 rounds of everything from the very good to the extraoridinarily crappy (hand reloaded by blind Guatamalan nuns ). But the time we were done you couldn't touch the thing without your hand looking like you worked in a coal mine, and it just wouldn't jam.

There is an excellent article in Tactical Handgunner 2002 annual vol. 7. The torture tests were extreme, especially the part about ramming a bullet halfway up the barrel and then firing a live one behind it, twice...no effect on accuracy. Yikes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought a tactical for $785...good pistol, once I sent it back to H&K.  I got the one with the bad feed ramp.  Wouldn't reliably feed anything...very disappointing pistol initially.

My Sig and Glocks ate everythign from the get-go, same with my H&K P7-PSP...the H&K Tactical hasn't really developed my full trust yet...so it sits in the safe, the Glock 20 and the PSP are what are there for protection.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks lightninglink and JTR... i sure hope i get it for my B-Day... if i dont ima hafta find someone 21 or older(hmmm my bro is 24) and give them the money  ive been watching this thread for awhile and read everything i could find about the HK USP Tactical and its about to eat me up inside!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Vermillion,

Well, get both! -That's my plan anyway, to get the LAM with whitelight, laser, and IR illuminator. To bad it cost $1300-1400.
-Justin

Oops....actually the white light/visible laser LAM is $1300...the full-nasty one with IR is $2200...DEALER COST.  Assuming you can sweet-talk someone into ordering it for you.

QS
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#32]
ouch! that's insane! i can understand paying a grand or 2 for a badass rifle or some reeeeeeally tricked out pistol but 1300 bucks for a light and laser? maybe if the laser is green or blue one of those special kind ya know...  
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vermillion,

-Justin

Oops....actually the white light/visible laser LAM is $1300...the full-nasty one with IR is $2200...DEALER COST.  Assuming you can sweet-talk someone into ordering it for you.

QS

This and the fact that the IR laser is "supposed" to be sold only to LEO-Military according to the manufacturer.  I've seen one civilian post on HKPro.com with saying that he had one.  Of course he wouldn't say how he came to aquire it.

Vermillion,
If you haven't read up on the Tactical on HKPro.com you should check out the forums there.  You won't find any better source of information.  Just don't mention the legal 12 round mags that are out there or they'll tear you a new hole.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#34]
cool thanks!... i talked to my dad about getting the pistol and he said he would get it for me.. but he doesnt like the 1,069 dollar price tag... im trying to find it just a tad bit cheaper.. i know its not gonna get much cheaper than 900 bucks but anything lower is still better   i guess i'll have to talk to my gun dealer and see if he'll give me the hook up
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
cool thanks!... i talked to my dad about getting the pistol and he said he would get it for me.. but he doesnt like the 1,069 dollar price tag... im trying to find it just a tad bit cheaper.. i know its not gonna get much cheaper than 900 bucks but anything lower is still better   i guess i'll have to talk to my gun dealer and see if he'll give me the hook up

It's been awhile since I checked but Cals Sporting Armory www.calssportingarmory.com sometimes has them on sale for $825 including all the factory goodies like the bag, cleaning kit, lock, etc...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#36]
site down for remodeling
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The HK USP Tactical is one of those pistols that just seems to sell itself.  Mine was about $1350 out the door with the laser (which is about $300 alone).  

All of the pics of USP Tacticals show them in a funky blue-grey finish with what looks like stainless steel on the barrel.
I've never seen anything about finishes though on the HK site.

Since I'm considering getting one (that exact one. I think I'm in love )
What's the deal on the finish and stuff? Any info is appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

All of the pics of USP Tacticals show them in a funky blue-grey finish with what looks like stainless steel on the barrel.
I've never seen anything about finishes though on the HK site.

Since I'm considering getting one (that exact one. I think I'm in love )
What's the deal on the finish and stuff? Any info is appreciated.

You must be seeing some bad photos.  All USP Tacticals have a matte black finish, and a black barrel.  It's possible that you're seeing the finish worn off of the threads or an aftermartket barrel installed on a standard USP .45 to make it a Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Vermillion,

You should still be able to call Cal's even though thier site is down. You can also try www.mcdonaldtactical.com

I bought my USP tac for myself as a 21st B-day/ christmas present to myself:-). It's by far the best purcase I've ever made, gun or otherwise. Overall, I'm happier with it that the car I bought, my computer, any of my other guns, etc. . . .

It might be fairly expensive for a pistol, but when you consiter it had a real lifetime warrenty, your paying approx $1000 for lets see, how long? Say you live to be 80, that's 60y/1000, $16.67 year for the pleasure and peice of mind of owning an HK USP .45 Tactical:-). (I'm trying to give you some good arguments for your dad). I mean, does it make more since to buy a new Gl*ck every 5-10 years, or two buy 2 Tac's that'll live your lifetime? (Why 2 you ask? Well, you can never have just one)!

Do you live in a state that allows you to have purcase the rest of the barrel, sold seprately? (I refer here to the surpressor). If so, start saving your $ now! You'll want/NEED it. And, it takes a few YEARS (ok, months, but feels like years) for the paperwork to go through. . . .

Besides, you KNOW  the most important reason to own one -The're so #%%@%# COOL!!!!!

I think Cal's is also the best place to get the m6 or any other ITI product (I.E. the UTL, LAM, m-series) online.

-Justin

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#40]
mcdonald tactical has one for 737 bucks!!!!

anyway i was talking to my MOM about the pistol and she said it was UP to her than my dad.. which works better in my favor cuz she lets me get more shit than he does  but i'm about 99.9% sure i'm gonna get it  i'm about to goto my local gun shop and see if he will lower the price maybe a hundred bucks or throw in some other accessorie/s
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I think alot of the people that are responding in this post that are saying second hand that HK's don't shoot wolf is my fault.

If you look in the ammo forum, I'm the one who posted articles saying my USP .45 wouldn't shoot wolf.

It still stands today, I cannot get more then 3 rounds of Wolf ammo cycled through my USP before a spent casing sticks in the chamber!

I don't know how my USP is different then anyone else's here.

I have SS model marked AA (2000 model)

Plain and simple, MY USP cannot reliably shoot wolf. I asked both my buddies that have compacts to try shooting wolf to see if it jams but they won't do it!!!

Sorry if I raised a stink.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think alot of the people that are responding in this post that are saying second hand that HK's don't shoot wolf is my fault.

If you look in the ammo forum, I'm the one who posted articles saying my USP .45 wouldn't shoot wolf.

It still stands today, I cannot get more then 3 rounds of Wolf ammo cycled through my USP before a spent casing sticks in the chamber!

I don't know how my USP is different then anyone else's here.

I have SS model marked AA (2000 model)

Plain and simple, MY USP cannot reliably shoot wolf. I asked both my buddies that have compacts to try shooting wolf to see if it jams but they won't do it!!!

Sorry if I raised a stink.

An apology?!?!  I can't believe it!

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh, I forgot to mention, if you are buying it new it should ALWAYS come with: The soft case, 2 10-rnd mags w/extended floorplate, manual, key, 3-5 o-rings, HK-stamped cablelock, full HK cleaning kit, warrenty card, and of course, the gun:-). The have to sell it with all accessories and can not try to chage you extra for them according to the dealer agreements with HK-USA, INC.

So don't get fooled if someone tries to give you one mag and charge you for the 2nd, or charge extra for the case/cleanign kit, etc.

-Justin
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Yea I know the case comes with it and the orings and mags and cleaning kit and so forth but he was gonna throw in an extra 2 10rd mags and 300 rounds... i got him to go down 40 bucks... not much but atleast it's something hell thats a new computer game to me so the total price with gun + tax is 1,110 bucks...
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yea I know the case comes with it and the orings and mags and cleaning kit and so forth but he was gonna throw in an extra 2 10rd mags and 300 rounds... i got him to go down 40 bucks... not much but atleast it's something hell thats a new computer game to me he

Could you find out where he is ordering from to see if I can make a deal with my dealer Thanx
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#46]
it'll have to be 2marro.. i gotta get a shower and attend a rope rescue class in a hour or so and my gun shop closes at 6pm central
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#47]
anybody got any ideas about how to lower the price of a gun to somewhere along the lines of internet prices?  i saw a HK Tac for 737 bucks earlier  and i know i cant get it that low but i'd atleast like to get it down to around 1000 flat or alittle above including tax
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
anybody got any ideas about how to lower the price of a gun to somewhere along the lines of internet prices?  i saw a HK Tac for 737 bucks earlier  and i know i cant get it that low but i'd atleast like to get it down to around 1000 flat or alittle above including tax

Uhm, why don't you just order it from the internet? The dealer I buy through only charges $20 for a transfer. Shipping isn't much on a handgun. This saves me over paying 9% sales tax.

On the other hand, some things I just buy from my dealer. It's kinda like Walmart vs. Mom 'n Pop. It all depends on who you wanna support. I would Imagine firearms are like most other retail purchases. The bigger wholesalers get a better price because they buy more of a quantity.

I would just find one on the net. Add up the shipping and transfer fee, then go to your dealer with that. See how close he can come to the price. He may or may not be able to come down a lot.

Then decide if you want to pay his price, and support him, and get better service through him because you bought it from him, or if you want to buy from the big guy, and hope your dealer doesn't hold it against you when you go back to him to make other purchases ;)
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#49]
well with an extra 2 mags for free not count the 2 that come WITH the gun and 300 rounds of any ammo i choose   2 mags is like 90 bucks and 300 rounds of damn good ammo like hydrashoks are about 150 bucks so im really paying around 950-975.. im jus not so sure about buying a gun off the internet yet... i'll try it one day with something like a .22 pistol that doesnt cost as much.. i dunno plus the folks are paying for it for my bday and my dad hates ordering stuff off the net
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I recently added two items to my USP Tactical:  Hogue wrap-around grip and a CCF Flash Suppressor.  The grip really helps when your palms get sweaty.  The flash suppressor ... it looks very mean and that was reason enough.

In my best Cartman voice: "Sweeeeet!"

LL
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top