Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 4:23:02 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a Thompson 1927 deluxe anybody use one or own one and have any input will be appreciated
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thinking of buying a Thompson 1927 deluxe anybody use one or own one and have any input will be appreciated

I bought one a few months ago.  It wieghs a TON, chews up ammo like candy, and shoots like a dream.  I love it Haven't had a single problem with it either, it's a real pleasure to shoot, plus there's the whole coolness factor that goes along with it too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks AGENT ORANGE is it a deluxe 13# or carbine do you have the side bolt or top.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one and liked it so well that I bought another. Everyone just loves these things.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the 1927 M1-C and even got weak and bought the violin case.  It's been worth every bit of the cost.  The only problem is they won't let me shoot it at the indoor range.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the deluxe model which shoots like a dream.  If I would have it to do all over again, I'd get the lightweight deluxe model.  The regular weight like mine is just a little too heavy for my taste.  I still love my rifle though.

The reason I wouldn't get the M1 version is it can't take the drum mags.  I bought one of the 10 round drums which looks awesome.  I later got my hands on a true 50 round drum that is stamped law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the input I have been trying to decide which one to buy. I really always wanted one and maybe a used one will be ok.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Spend your money on something else.

Not only do these look terrible, they are very problematic. Check out the following web site. Although it is primary for full auto Thompsons, there are some lengthy threads from people using these newer model 27s. Check it out and decide for yourself.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/cgibin/ikonboard/forums.cgi?forum=1
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I got to shoot a Thompson at Knob Creek, i.e. FULL AUTO!!!!!  Elliot Ness had nothing on me!!! They are heavy as hell though. OTOH, there's only ONE gun with that profile & coolness is NOT to be underrated, IMO.  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd give my left cahone for a real 1927. I'd give you 10 cents for a recent AO. Jaming junk.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#11]
i got to shoot a FA thompson a while back
man i wish i had 8k for one oh well
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine at works has a class III thompson 1927.  It shoots like a dream, flawless, reliable, accurate (reasonably) He also has an UZI ( p.o.s.!) I wish it was mine!! It's made me long for a thompson of my own, even a semi auto version.  I know he's not gonna give up that 50 round drum he has but 30 round mags are still available for a reasonable price.  If you can find a semi auto, buy it they are a fun gun.  I'd even give up my Beta C mag for one!   That says alot, believe me!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure why the previous link did not work, but try the following URL then click on the "Thompson Message Board" link.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/cgibin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

If this still does not work, just try www.machinegunbooks.com
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm trying to find out if the new ones jam that web site won't open.The semi auto one looks cool,and I don't care about the weight.Just interested in function and reliability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top