Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 10:22:08 AM EDT
It's run by M.A.A.C. the original Promoter.
Last time I went to a show there they had
on-site parking again.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the onsite parking free?  I think last time I went to a show there they were charging for parking, but I'm not sure if that was because it was the offsite temporary parking.  I'd like to go, but it is a bit of a hike for me (at least 150 miles round trip) and I'd just be window shopping - gas + turnpike tolls + admission will be bad enough, but parking fees on top of that would suck.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this "The BIG one" or "the little one"?  I went to one last year & thought it was prety decnt.  It turned out to be the little one.  If this is "the big one", I'm on the way.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup,
It's the big twice a year gun show with something like 2000 tables if I'm not mistaken. Parking is $5, admission is $6. The next big MAAC show is always the second week of December.

I quit going to Farm Show events because of the parking fiasco, call it my "little protest" of a more than greedy system. Now I just mail order everything and avoid the hassle of 30,000 people crammed against me blocking my view of the tables.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, look for me, I'll be the guy with three AR uppers slung around my shoulder and a grin on my face.

I dare any anti-gunners to stand out in front. I've got a dozen eggs with me this time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude, look for me, I'll be the guy with three AR uppers slung around my shoulder and a grin on my face.

I dare any anti-gunners to stand out in front. I've got a dozen eggs with me this time.

I'll be lookin' for ya.
Any mid-length RRA uppers???

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be up Sat AM...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Bah - $5 parking.  Call me cheap, but that is the straw that broke this camel's back.  Unfortunately, I'm going to be on vacation for the next (and much closer!) Valley Forge show.  Anyone know when the next show at the Philly NG armory is?

However, if anyone going on Saturday can keep an eye out for anyone selling 9mm RRA uppers, and report back, I'd appreciate it. ;)

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The last Valley Forge show was "Weak" IMHO,
I walked through it twice in less than 2 hours.
It was a new promoter so I hope things get better for him. We went right from there to Harrisburg which was also a different guy with a smaller show. All in all a good day but nearly 7 hours in the car from home and back.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know if the Ft. Washington show will be back?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I was told at Harrisburg that:
Lawyers for the promoter and some of the vendors are at it as we speak.
The building is privately owned so I'm torn on the idea of someone being made to do something they do not want to do with their property.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top