Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 5:26:39 PM EDT
Stopped at the local gunshop today, asked if they had any of Springfield Armory's new M1 Garands yet, not yet, but showed me a Lithgow Australian made M1, appeared to be NIB, marked Lithgow Australia on receiver, all new wood, metal looked nice too. Was in 30-06. This is the first I have seen of one of these, I know IAI was making them, didn't know of a Kangaroo M1!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The popular opinion is to stay away from these rifles.  I have heard that the receivers are over hardened and have shattered.  My local shop also had two of these M1's, and shipped them back to the distributor.

Remember that this Lithgow has nothing in to do with the ORIGINAL Lithgow that has made Enfield rifles for over a half century.  Sort of like some American companies that have profited from using well know U.S. Armory names.  

I believe Fulton Armory has a write up on the Lithgow receiver at their website.  

OSA
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, the review of the Lithgow receiver from Fulton Armory is pretty negative.  The invoice was stamped with a big red DO NOT FIRE.  The same thing with the CAI receiver.  I've seen a couple CAIs up close... a local store wanted $650 for one, but I wasn't going to even THINK about a non USGI.  I'm sure some of them (Lithgow and CAI) have probably got to be pretty decent... but when you can get a USGI for less from the CMP... you should get one from the CMP.

M1QJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top