Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 12:53:14 PM EDT
Posted this same topic in Rifles, uppers, lowers,etc. but didn't get much feedback.  Thanks to those that did.  I want to make a purchase this week and need to know your opinion.

I have owned many AR's (all postban unfortunately) and they have all had some form of a muzzle brake.  Lately, I've been thinking about the RRA uppers, that have the fake slip over hider.

The question is, does a brake provide that much more of an advantage over the fake.  I don't shoot at ranges, only "combat" style.  Plenty of rapid fire drills.

For those of you that have had both types, can you give some feedback?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW:  Barrel type will be M4 style.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, a brake on a .223 gun?  The recoil is so light, you probably don't need a brake.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Not needed, but I have a Wilson brake that seems to keep the muzzle flip down a bit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a comparison between with and without.

For example, rapid fire grouping at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both types.  My first Carbine was a Bushy AK shorty (A2).  Then this year I decided to build an M4gery.  I found one with flattop and a full 16 inch barrel and a Mini Y tacked on to that so I sent it off Kurt to have him slip a Fake Flash Supressor over the end just like the RRA barrel.  So then I find these guys and meet up and do some tactical shooting.  Well let me tell you, forget what the bench shooters are telling you, and get the Compensator on the barrel. It makes a world of difference.  I'm thinking of changing the upper assembies and making my AK shorty a flattop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top