Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2002 6:32:27 AM EDT
Got my 03 from CMP yesterday. About seven weeks.

Remington 03(not A3) with the straight stock. SN in the 3,129,XXX range, Springfield 8-42 barrel. Wood is pretty dinged up but should clean up. Metal looks extremely nice. I see looks because its got so much grease on it its going to take me a week to dig thru it. Flushed the bolt out last night and it looks almost new. No rebuild marks on the stock, but I haven't cleaned it up yet. Don't know if the barrel is original or not. Did Remington us Springfiled barrels?

Anybody have a web site for 03's? Specifically looking for serial number ranges. Curious when mine was built. Guessing 41 or 42.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:21:06 AM EDT
You must have been on the lotter list, right? My understanding is that they're not even processing non-lottery list orders yet.

Congrats on receiving it - was it what you asked for?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:05:07 AM EDT
Yes, I was on the "list" and yes I got what I wanted. At last report they were out of two variations, the Smith Corona A3's and one of the low number Rock Island variations. I think. Friend reported that apps received thru March 20 have been processed. Mine went overnight mail to CMP about March 9.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:12:37 AM EDT
I think the 03's are under the same purchase procedures as the M1's are now. No lottery required.

Check their website www.odcmp.com

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:13:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2002 8:14:09 AM EDT by eswanson]
I shall continue to wait (semi-)patiently. I'm not even going to start looking for mine until sometime around September.

Edited to say - there's no lottery anymore, but they were processing orders first from those that were on the lottery list. Other orders won't even be processed until May 1.
Top Top