Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 4:48:05 PM EDT
It's says "Lifetime Warranty", but what they don't tell you is that it only applies to the US parts and not the kit that was used. Just to let you guys know. So i'm thinking that I can do whatever I want to the barrel and the warranty won't be void.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you forsee happening?

What warranty do you get with another FAL?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If they don't tell you, how did you find out? Did you have a problem they wouldn't fix under warranty?

The STG58A is the cheapest FAL DSA sells. They tell you it is a kit with DSA parts to make it legal. I haven't heard of anyone who had a problem with a STG58A that DSA refused to work with for a solution.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually it says "Limited Lifetime Warranty on new parts."  And to be honest, I haven't heard of anyone breaking any parts there aren't new (lower receiver, barrel, bolt carrier, bolt, handguards).
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Note to self:

File under "Some people LOOK for things to worry about."

Relax, dude. Shoot it, and enjoy it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
freedom-fighter,

Are you the same guy who posted this thread on the FAL forum?

www.falfiles.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000921&p=
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Lets hope not.......The other one is a complete dumbass...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey! He may resemble that remark!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Looks like the same dumbass to me. See USMC03 posting. http://www.falfiles.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000921&p=2

Where he says "First you complain about DSA, now Dan's."

Also, one of the other posters on page 1 says "Since you posted your complaint in 3 forums no less, you must really be trying to burn Dan's bad."

Not to mention Dan's response which mentioned extortion!

Seems like a trend being developed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's says "Lifetime Warranty", but what they don't tell you is that it only applies to the US parts and not the kit that was used. Just to let you guys know. So i'm thinking that I can do whatever I want to the barrel and the warranty won't be void.

If that's what you want to do probably so.

I've never read any major complaints about DSA's products & the FAL is a proven design.

If you want a "complete" warranty then maybe $pring for the  DSA  SA58  variants ??

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, this guy has caused quite a big ruckus over at the FAL Files.  He likes to whine about DSA and bad mouth Dan's Sporting Goods, two of the BEST in costumer service and quality product.  Likes to post in several different forums to really annoy people...

BTW it clearly states on the DSA website that their warranty only applies to the US parts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
As the purchaser of  a DSA STG, after careful review of all parts, both foreign and domestic, I am fairly sure this rifle will never need ANY warranty work.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What do you forsee happening?

What warranty do you get with another FAL?

Thanks

Hey CavVet...
Hows that P-99 been treating you? You've been MIA for a while....where have you been?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, this "freedom fighter" is the same guy that posted all the negative stuff about DSA and Dan's Ammo over at the FAL FILES.  He's been posting the same material here as he had been over at the FAL FILES.

Just in case anyone is actually interested in the topic, I've got a DSA SA58 and a DSA STG58 and both rifles were worth every penny that I spent on them, and I agree with CavVet that neither rifle will probably ever need warranty work.

Semeper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So i'm thinking that I can do whatever I want to the barrel and the warranty won't be void.

Go buy 5000 round of ammo, but keep it this time.  Shoot the 5000 round as fast as you can.  Don't stop, no breaks, no water on barrel, make that barrel into butter.

Oh, yes, that left over ammo, just send it back and say you do not want it any longer - it made the barrel too hot.  That is more or less what the guy on the FAL board did...

mark
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Heh...Heh...Heh...That was a good one!

Same troll.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top