Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2002 11:29:14 AM EDT
Anyone have any other option besides Pelican cases? I am trying to see what else is out there for a nice rifle case. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep my 6601 in a Galatti tactical case. It's an excellent soft sider with five mag pouches, heavy zippers and 2" closed cell foam padding. Very well made.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I think I may want to stay with a hard case for more protection. I remember seeing a few pics of a hard case on here a while back but it was not a pelican.

Problem is you get these rifles and then you need to spned all sorts of lunch money buying accesories
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw a case for a Break down Shotgun at my local gun store the other day.  36 inches which would be perfect for a postban carbine.  I forget how tall but definitely seemed big enough for an AR with optics mounted on the carry handle.  It was metalic outside (probably alluminum) and was only 50 bucks.  I'll see if I can find it again and get the maker.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Starlight Hard Cases
www.starlightcases.com/
Very nice cases!

Midway carries others that are less costly but still pretty nice.

www.midwayusa.com/online/productpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=203414

SKBs are a premium case also
www.midwayusa.com/online/productpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=492196
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I will heartily second the recommendation for Starlight cases.  They are fully mil-spec, with o-ring seals and a depressurization valve.  They come with foam insert and even a knife, to cut out the insert to fit your weapon.  Check the website, www.starlightcases.com.
They often have closeouts on defect products.  My double rifle case was a "defect", but you could barely see the flaw and it doesn't hurt the integrity of the case at all.  And for half price!
Here is a review:www.snipercountry.com/StarlightCase.htm
Call or email Brack Wilson.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
SKB cases are very well built and have great padding all around the inside sides to protect weapons, but.....they are too bulky and too heavy for most peoples' uses and you need a truck or large trunk to accomodate them.  Their double stacked rifle case has wheels and a handle for good reason.  Did I mention they are well built.  www.natchezss.com usually has sales occasionally and the best prices.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep a AR10-T in one of these. I like them as much as my Pelican Case's...

www.gunguard.com/all_weather.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have ditched my cheap rifle cases and now use hardshell guitar cases. Most music stores have used ones in like new condition for $20 to $30. I strip the insides and put in some cheap "egg crate" foam. They are pretty tough andwill not make the neighborhood nervous (remember One-Shot?).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top