Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/26/2002 2:34:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2002 11:06:26 AM EDT by biggsarge]
Recently I was approached by a friend who wants to trade me even for my Springfield M1A,National Match with a stainless barrel, two stage trigger, and national match sights. Also it has a Springfield 16x40x56 scope on it. Truly a nice weapon. He has a Springfield M1A that has been legaly converted to a machine gun and registered. It is in good condition. Is this a good trade? What is this thing worth. Help, I need some feedback.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:30:18 AM EDT
First of all, there is a reason he wants to trade.

Secondly, can he prove that the rifle has been converted legaly...you'll be required to purchase your own tax stamp on this and do a trade through a Class 3 FFL holder!!!

Third, exactly what do you plan to do with such a rifle? Very few guys were ever able to fully utilize the full auto capability to its fullest extent. You have the more useful rifle.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:29:50 AM EDT
If that M14 or M1A is really a registered machine gun and works, make the trade. You would be getting something worth at least $5000, probably closer to $7500. Your rifle would not even compare, dollar wise that is.

If it is a registered machine gun, it will be on a form 4 or a form 3. If it is on a form 4 and he is in your state, you can make the trade without a dealer. You will both need to fill out a new form 4 and take care of the rest of the NFA requirements. If that gun is not on a form 3 or form 4, run away very fast. I would also suggest that you go shoot it first. Even if you do not like the rifle in full-auto, you can give it to me . Seriously, you can always get your money back (or more) from a registered machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:38:27 AM EDT
geez think of the cost of ammo with that thing sounds like fun! Is it select fire where you can also shoot semi?
Top Top