Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 2:54:38 PM EDT
Saw this thing today in the local pawn shop.  I think I could get it for $300 out the door.  It is used, and shows some obvious wear, although that in my book is not necessarily bad because it shows the darned thing probably works and the previous owner actually shot it.  Sometimes the junkiest guns are the ones with the least use.

Bad:  The right "ear" of the rear sight is broken off and will need to be replaced.

Anyone have one of these?  I am a bit suspicious of any chopped 1911 as I don't think they are as reliable as a 5-inch "standard" government model.

Thanks.

P.S.:  Yes I know there is a handgun forum, but traffic there just isn't up to critical mass yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds a little high to me for the condition you say it's in. If you just have to have it,try to get the price down or extras thrown into the deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it apart and look inside. Look specifically at the frame in the slide stop area to ensure it has no cracks. Should the inside look good I would say GO FOR IT.

.......YEAH I KNOW BUT,

handguns.ar15.com
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it. They are good shooters. The sights are cheap.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top