Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 10:14:54 PM EDT
Between "boxer" primed and "berdan" primed?

Is one better than the other?

How can you tell the difference?

Should I care?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows?

This is an example from Ammoman's site:

223 FEDERAL 50gr.
                      HOLLOW POINT
                      sealed cardboard case 1999
                      BOXER PRIMED

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Patience grasshopper , I notice that your a little impatient on waiting for replies on your post .

Boxer - Reload , one flash hole . Found in most premium type commercial ammo .

Berdan - Usually 2 flash holes nonreloadale , Wolf steel case brand of ammo is the obvious example of this type . And is most mil surplus ammo .
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Patience grasshopper , I notice that your a little impatient on waiting for replies on your post .

Boxer - Reload , one flash hole . Found in most premium type commercial ammo .

Berdan - Usually 2 flash holes nonreloadale , Wolf steel case brand of ammo is the obvious example of this type . And is most mil surplus ammo .

Not generally, but it's time to go home and I wanted to order some tomorrow morning before coming back to work.

I appreciate the info!  Since I don't reload then I take it I can put it in the "I don't need to worry about it as long as it goes bang" catagory.

Thanks again!  Time to go home!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's good info.
I appreciate it, thanks Troy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top