Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 8:54:22 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster lower,a v-max flattop upper and I'm looking for my barrel.I want to have a bull barrel for long range varmitter(sp?).Checked on Krieger,dougles,hart,and some others.Question is:
Which is the better barrel for the money?Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to spend the money, Krieger w 1:8 twist. I guess you could go 1:7 or 1:7.5. from a custom shop like metalcraft. Still, not many, if any, would argue againt Krieger as the best of the best.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Krieger.

The beauty of a Krieger is while you'll spend a little more on a Krieger than you may on a Douglas, Wilson, or Hart, you'll get almost twice the barrel life out of it, and it will be as accurate as any barrel put out by others, to boot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
A good shooter ought to be able to keep it under 1" at 100yds. w/ a DPMS bull.  If you are concerned about the best for your money -  there it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
By the way,  I'm talking 20" BL-DC or BL-DCM if you want the front sight.  You can splurge and go for their target barrels if you are that concerned.  I'm happy with my 20" BL-DC!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input.I was leaning towards the Krieger,just wanted to confirm it with the others that shoot the AR.

Omnus34,where in WA are located.I moved from the Everett area two years ago,biggest mistake I've made since I sold a DCM Garand to buy an engagement ring.Should have kept the rifle!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top