Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 6:44:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That is going to be very, very load!!  Hell, my regular M44 is load and shoots a 8-10" fireball already...in day light!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Sporterizing C&R rifles!  NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My ears hurt just looking at that.  How big of a fireball would that one make?  3 feet?  The guy should go ahead and cut-off a few inches of the stock to make the rifle even more unpleasant to shoot.z
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
While kinda neat, I gotta agree with MP906 and suggest not Bubbarizing milsurps.  I now they are great candidate because they are so cheap, but I am not fond of the idea.

The only guns that could even possibly be louder than that would have to .50 BMGs.

You would most likely clear 5 benches either side of you with the concussion (and flame) that would come from that barrel.  The muzzle blast from an M44 untouched is already quite nasty.  Very large fireball.  I am not fond of shooters next to me with brakes on their weapons, but it is your gun, and you should be able to do with it what you want.  

On the flip side, the recoil of an M44 is pretty fierce in and of itself, and the brake may make it more pleasant for the shooter, just not those around him.

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sporterizing C&R rifles!  NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sporterizing C&R rifles! YYYYeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got an m-44 and I am going to put a recoil pad on it, and install a mecury recoil supressor. I would not put on a brake because I like the bayo WAYYYY too much. Great for poking holes in tires.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]

You just ain't right.
I've got a couple of them and they are plenty loud enough as they are.
If you were shooting that next to me, I'd  put highspot blue on the the earcups of your muffs when you went downrange to change targets.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top