Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 11:31:14 AM EDT
I know that the subject of barrels has been one of many a topic.  I am curious as what the different metals work best in a barrel?  I am leaning towards a chrome line barrel or an unlined barrel and staying away from stainless.  I was talking to an engineer who uses quite a bit of stainless in fabrication and he was telling me that stainless warps rather easily with changes in temperature.  If this is indeed true, what would prevent a heated up barrel stainless steel barrel from doing the same thing?  

My apologies if the question is a rehash, I am getting ready to order my first AR-15, I have everything selected except for the barrel material.  I had thought I had that part selected until discussing/ getting a lesson 101 on metallurgy.  Appreciate all input, experience, advice.  

Wally
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top