Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/19/2002 11:54:15 AM EDT
What is the best two stage trigger for a service rifle?? I read over at Georgia precision that they recommend a Compass Lake. Anybody have experience with these. This topic has probably been beat to death but I figured I would ask anyway......might rile up some of the old timers.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:41:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BlackAdder:
What is the best two stage trigger for a service rifle?? I read over at Georgia precision that they recommend a Compass Lake. Anybody have experience with these. This topic has probably been beat to death but I figured I would ask anyway......might rile up some of the old timers.

Thanks,

John

I run a Jewell in mine. Never tried the Compass Lake. I also run a Jewell single stage in my Model 70. Never had to touch an adjustment on either one once set up. FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:05:20 PM EDT
I like the Armalite (I have one). The hammer looks heavy enough for reliable ignition. It is not as heavy as a standard hammer though. I like standard weight hammers. They make the gun go bang every time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:14:36 PM EDT
Blackadder:

I have only tried the Bushmaster, the Compass Lake, the Jewell, and the Rock River.

Of these, I like the Jewell. The Rock River is a good product, but they need to be tuned by a good smith. If you post this over on the comp. forum, you'll get several suggestions as to who should tune the trigger.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:21:47 AM EDT
I have a NM ( National Match ) 2 stage in mine and I LOVE it...

Signpost Ahead

Light at end of tunnel is the headlamp of oncoming train

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:19:06 AM EDT
Go with the ArmaLite. I've had good results with mine. They're machined instead of castings, and I really like that. I've worked on the Jewells. They have a lot of adjustments that you can play with but you have to know what you're doing. From what I've seen most people don't.
Top Top