Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 3:10:38 AM EDT
My wife's friend asked me to take a look at her father's old rifles. I guess they gonna sell them soon. Most of them were kinda junky, sears etc. Here's some I could not identify.

1. 1873 Springfield Carbine, but had flip up sight on the stock of the rifle. I couldn't find any pics or info in that configuration.

2. Scoped bolt rifle with no marks, except for a symbol that had a O with a wing on it. Something like this " =O " never seen that before.

3. Fabrique Nationale bolt rifle, no markings except Herstal Liege.

4. Browning octagon barrel , lever action 30 WCF  ?

Didn't have much time to look through them, but wrote down what I could. Was suprised at how few ID markings some had. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
#3 is probably a mauser clone, probably 7mm caliber.

Is #1 a 45-70?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to ID these guns you are going to have to spend some time with them.  I've been through some similar projects for friends, and if you use good lighting and take your time you'd be surprized how much info is stamped on them.

Even if they are old or foriegn military pieces there should be more than what you've currently got to help make the ID.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top