Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/17/2002 8:04:48 PM EDT
come on I know some of you guys have them now we are past the shipping date. I did a serch and didnt find any range reports so Im going to ask I hope this hasnt been asked already anyway...
How is Accuracy? Reliability? Finish?
Overall Are you happy with the rifle?
Do you think you payed too much for what you got? And throw in whatever else you want to tell about your new toy!
thanks
OregonShooter
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:11:30 PM EDT
I'm eager to here this too! I plan to buy one as soon as they "magically" appear in my area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:23:42 PM EDT
Accuracy is good. 1-1.5 MOA
Reliability is flawless, no problems whatsoever.
Finish is on par with any other AR and better than some.
Very happy with the rifle.
No, I don't think I paid too much.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:48:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:
Accuracy is good. 1-1.5 MOA
Reliability is flawless, no problems whatsoever.
Finish is on par with any other AR and better than some.
Very happy with the rifle.
No, I don't think I paid too much.

Not to nose in on you, but what did you pay? The retail quoted on the Armalite site was SRP of 650.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:52:15 PM EDT
I ordered mine when the MSRP was $590. Got it for about $50 less than that. You will usually be able to get it at a dealer for less than MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:06:06 PM EDT

I ordered mine when the MSRP was $590. Got it for about $50 less than that. You will usually be able to get it at a dealer for less than MSRP.

Thanks! I'd feel fine walking out paying 600.
How do you mount optics on it, I don't see any place on it, is it some kind of side rail like an AK?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:19:57 AM EDT

There is a good, in-depth report on the 180B in this month's American Rifleman. The article begins, "For those who love how an AR-15 can shoot but cannot love or live with it, the AR-180 has been the holy grail." What the hell does that mean?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:19:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By skipperJ:

There is a good, in-depth report on the 180B in this month's American Rifleman. The article begins, "For those who love how an AR-15 can shoot but cannot love or live with it, the AR-180 has been the holy grail." What the hell does that mean?

Good question. What is "cannot love or live with it"? So, does that mean: "Gouge my eyes out Batman! This AR-15 shoots like da bomb, but it's evil and may corrupt my soul!! Holy Christ!! An AR-180 - now that I can love!"
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:10:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By s0ulzer0:

Thanks! I'd feel fine walking out paying 600.
How do you mount optics on it, I don't see any place on it, is it some kind of side rail like an AK?

I has a dovetail on top like the original 180s. An original 180 scope mount will work on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:13:12 PM EDT

Good question. What is "cannot love or live with it"? So, does that mean: "Gouge my eyes out Batman! This AR-15 shoots like da bomb, but it's evil and may corrupt my soul!! Holy Christ!! An AR-180 - now that I can love!"

NO! Some people don't like the direct impingement gas system on the AR15 and the AR180 and AR180B use a piston gas system that does not blow gas directly into the bolt carrier. It's also lighter and less expensive.

Lighten up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:48:16 PM EDT

NO! Some people don't like the direct impingement gas system on the AR15 and the AR180 and AR180B use a piston gas system that does not blow gas directly into the bolt carrier. It's also lighter and less expensive.

Lighten up.

Larry - I was only being funny. I'm not one to play the "my favorite gun is the best" game. I like a lot of different weapons, some may even suck, but I still like them anyway. I shoot for fun. I think the AR-180 is a nice looking weapon and from the info posted here and the research on the web I've done, it's a solid weapon. I plan to buy one. I just thought the quote from that magazine was kind of funny.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:40:36 PM EDT
I just thought the quote from that magazine was kind of funny.
That's why I posted it. The quote from the magazine is funny and irrelevant to the 180-B report. Nothing to lighten up about, the name of this place is AR15.com.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:50:04 PM EDT
hey, where can i get a pic of the ar-180b?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:13:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:45:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By quietshoez:
hey, where can i get a pic of the ar-180b?

Top Top