Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 7:22:15 AM EDT

I have never heard of some of this stuff before, but I want some. So I thought I would ask the experts here if any of you have shot any of this through your guns?
They say it will not harm your shotgun.

Personally I will get the Piranha, Chain Mail and the Macho Gaucho type of ammo.

I got a lot of the mini shells at the gun show this past weekend. Gotta try them out this weekend.

Here are the types of shot gun ammo they have:

12 GA. Armor Piercing
12 GA. Blammo Boomers Blanks
12 GA. Chain Mail
12 GA. Door Duster
12 GA. Exploder
12 GA. Flechette Shot Shells
12 GA. Incendiary
12 GA. Pepper Blast
12 GA. Piranha
12 GA. Screamer
12 GA. Terminator-X
12 Gauge "Pit Bull"
12 GA. Double Slug
12 GA. Macho Gaucho

I found it at this website.
www.deltaforce.com/

Let me know about your experience with this type of ammo please.
Thanks

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
No real personal experience, because as of last year IL legislators apparently found out about some of these exotic rounds and banned them (dragon's breath, bolo, etc.).

If one were to use these, I think using a cheap single shot break open shotgun like the NEF would be prudent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine gave me 3 flechette rounds and 3 dragons breath rounds.  I haven't fired any of them yet.  I did see pictures of the dragons breath round being fired and it was pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
These rounds function exactly as designed; they separate fools from their money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Legs,

Are you intending to shoot something that can't be killed with good old 00Buck?  Except for the flechette rounds, which have some military history, the rest of this stuff sounds like gimmicky crap (much like a lot of stuff in the Delta Force catalog).  If you gotta play with it, I second what Lazyshooter said - don't put it through any of your good scatterguns.  I'll bet using "Piranha" rounds voids your warranty!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Its pretty much for play. The incendiary looked like it would be cool for that extra flash when blowing things to pieces.

The Chain Mail looked just down right evil.

I have a short barrel pistol grip Winchester defender. It looked like some of it might do some damage to it.
I usually keep slugs and OO shot in it.

But thats why I asked, If you guys hint that  it would be bad for the gun, thats good enough for me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Years ago I tried some of the Dragons breath, before it was so expensive,, This stuff really puts on a show...I think powdered aluminimum or something... is really bright at night.. fired it through a High Standard riot gun.... It burns really hot...I don't know if its corrosive or what,, I think it just burnt all oil off inside of bbl, noticed a few weeks later inside of bbl had light surfacr rust all over it,, used a brake wheel cylinder hone, and went over it, oiled, and had been fine.. probably if I would have cleaned immediately would have been ok.. Can't imagine what that round would have done to a living creature,,, not pretty..makes a neat "firework" anyway
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd be real reluctant to use any of this stuff for self-defense or tactical applications, anyway.

Aside from the whole question of wether it is effective or not, you could have a tough time getting it past the Grand Jury and subsequent civil suits. You would get roasted in court for using this stuff. If you are using an "exotic" round lock a lock-buster or a beanbag, getting it from a big, acknowledged manufacturer is always a better idea, anyway. Companies like Def-Tech/Federal Labs will provide expert witnesses and detailed scientific data to you in civil and criminal cases if you use their product in the intended manner and experience later legal entanglements. There have been many court cases about less-lethal rounds where suspects were killed or seriously injured, and Def-Tech stood by and helped get the suits dismissed. You probably won't get that kind of help from "Jim Bob's special ammo."
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Dragon's Breath rounds are great for home defense.  They ensure that you'll NEVER have your home broken into more than once.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dragon's Breath rounds are great for home defense.  They ensure that you'll NEVER have your home broken into more than once.

Because you'll burn the damn thing down.  It's pretty hard to break into a house that has burned to the ground.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because you'll burn the damn thing down.  It's pretty hard to break into a house that has burned to the ground.

Precisely.  And with no walls, you can see 'em trying to sneak up on you!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I shot one of those Dragon's Breath out of my Benelli once several years ago.  I don't know if there are different variants of them or not, but this one spewed burning white-hot chunks of metal close to 60 yards downrange (unfortunately, my back yard.)  and almost set a barn roof on fire.  I decided once was enough.  

Benellis do have chrome-lined barrels though, or I might not have done that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]
IIRC, they're magnesium/white phosphor-based.

There are some places where these things aren't legal... would suggest you look into your local laws before you buy what basically is looked upon as explosive ammunition
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top