Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/17/2002 4:09:07 AM EDT
Has anyone else noticed that in the first three parts there hasn't been a BAR carried or used anywhere in the show? If I remember right they do show up later in the series. But just seemed strange to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:30:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Supershooter:Has anyone else noticed that in the first three parts there hasn't been a BAR carried or used anywhere in the show? If I remember right they do show up later in the series. But just seemed strange to me.

Considering the show is based on a paratroop company, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not the biggest WWII scholar around but it makes sense that the airborne infantry wouldn't be packing too many (heavy ass) MG's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:41:44 AM EDT
In WWII US Airborne units usually did not drop with the BAR, it was too heavy. They normally had a higher number of submachine guns than a regular infantry unit to make up for the lost firepower. You will see BARs later on in the series.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:48:33 PM EDT
How about on DVD?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:54:52 PM EDT
Sancho-

Nope, even on DVD, they aren't carrying BARs.

Seriously, it is being released, I think I saw it at Costco, but if not, it is coming out any day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:44:57 PM EDT
It's a damn good series. Best of all, shortly after watching the series, I went to Normandy and saw the area for myself. It was cool
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:49:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:05:48 AM EDT
I was just watching episodes 4 and 5 last night... in Operation Market Garden, when they're at... Eindhoven, I think, I did see a BAR there a couple times, even a grease gun or two. It makes sense, tho, not too many paratroopers carried heavy weapons like that.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:03:14 PM EDT
I would think that they wouldn't want to give up the squad firepower of a BAR!
Top Top