Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 10:06:43 PM EDT
Was at a range in Nevada sunday night to try out my new NV scope on my M4 flat top. My first experience using it on the rifle. It's a gen 3 from U.S. Optics and is awesome. this picture was take through it using a digital camera. Almost no moon, skies clouding up. Very dark. The object in the pic is a 5 gal can 37 yards away (as measured with my other new toy, a laser range finder). Without the NV the can could not be seen at all. With it the detail was amazing, and got even better if IR illumination was used. The cross hairs are part of the scope and look brighter in the pic to the camera than to the eye. Things look off kilter because we didn't have an adapter to attach the camera to the scope and were just holding it to the eye piece. Oh, in case anyone is wondering, yes the NV very clearly picks up IR illuminators and laser rangers when they are on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mind if I ask about $$$?

Also, do you have a photo of the device itself?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you notice something green other then the picture you posted... it's only me turning green with envy.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN!!!  I wish I could have gone.   Next weekend??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
YES..!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the price ranges on these toys ??

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats really cool it would be great for cyote hunting. My dad used to have some really nice night vision gogles that he got throught the police dept that he works for.  They worked really nice to go out at night and look at deer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, that's a lot of money there. What makes things worse is that we can't get NEW flash suppressed rifles. Although Pathfinder had those Smith brake pics that seemed pretty promising.

Could you show us a pic of the device? What model is it?

themao
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
vtoptics.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/falconp300.jpg

This is how it would be configured when mounted to the rifle. It's the DS300 model. The rear half is detachable from the actual weapon mounted part and can be fitted with a 1X or 3X lens and used as a NV monocular. I bought the the thing as a whole set which includes the monocular, weapon mount, both lens', camera adapter ( for 35mm ) and the head piece so it can be worn on the head. Batteries included. About $2500 for the whole thing as a "sunday special" at the Big Reno Hilton Gun show. I got the complete setup because my son is into photography. When he gets home tonight I'll try to get a pic of it mounted on the M4. Now I just need to spend $$$ to get the Aimpoint mounts to use it at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, here it is mounted to my M4. The cap is on only to protect the sensors.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Better than this behemoth, no way I'm lugging this around, but it's great for a defensive position where the rifle could be rested on sandbags or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top