Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 6:36:27 PM EDT
After years of thinking about it and dragging my feet, I finally participated in a competitive match yesterday.  It was great!  I drove up to Johnson City, TX and entered the Texas Tactical carbine match.  The match is structured similar to IDPA, but suited for tactical rifles.  I don't think I've ever had so much fun.

It was very enjoyable meeting others with similar interests (including a few AR15.com members) and doing some really active shooting instead of sitting at a bench punching holes in paper (not that there's anything wrong with that).  By the way, Jason10mm is really good!

Anyway, I'm hooked now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting at IPSC/IDPA type competitions is awesome. I highly recomend it to anyone who has not tried it. Even if you come in dead last it is still a blast. I just shot my 3rd IPSC match today and I came in 8th overall out of 56 shooters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]

and doing some really active shooting instead of sitting at a bench punching holes in paper (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Please dont shoot at paper

Paper
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'v been to the "Practical rifle" matches at the Tri-County gun club here in Portland Or. three times now...  Real fun..  My Best so far is 6th out of 43 (Yesterday)

Practical-Rifle.com
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and doing some really active shooting instead of sitting at a bench punching holes in paper (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Paper

Damn that's funny.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Paper

Oops!  I'd better not wipe with paper either!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
BLAMMO, We really enjoyed having you at the match!! I am glad you had  such a good time!
It is nice to meet fellow AR-15.comers at these matches. We look forward to having you back again real soon. We would love to see more board members attend it is alot of fun! We also got to meet ARCHOO at this last match, I think he had fun as well.

"Iron" Mike

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I eat paper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I eat paper.

There are a few things in this world I just don't want to know and that's one of 'em.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top