Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 5:53:54 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster M4 w/ permanently fixed Y Comp, and I have a KKF A3 brake on order that I want to put on my Bushy. I couldn't bring myself to send my upper to Kurts to install his brake and wait over two weeks to get it back, so I called a gunsmith around here and he said he could do it. Do most gunsmiths have the ability to remove permanently fixed brakes and install new ones? Is $35-$40 a good price?

One more thing, has anyone from Oregon heard good things about Don Norris Gunsmithing? He's the one who quoted me a price. Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
probably, it depends how good a machinist he is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in Or. Are you?....   Have not heard anything about Don Norris....  I'm in Aloha..

Practical-rifle.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Beaverton, and so is Don Norris Gunsmithing. Since you're so close, do you know of any other gunsmiths that you'd like to recommend? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys know of a good gunsmith on the eastside of portland?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top