Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2002 7:41:14 PM EDT
So, after getting my AR-180B, my first thought on my way home from my first day at the range was "That was cool. I need more black rifles."

Now I'm tossing around the idea of getting a carbine. I've always liked the M4 style (I don't shoot at things beyond 100 yards anyway).

So what would you folks recommend? Price is a consideration (I'm a poor college student) so pre-ban is pretty much out. Plus I figure when the ban goes away I can slap a real telestock on it anyway.

Any suggestions, etc.?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:48:08 PM EDT
Take a close look at RRA or Bushmaster M4 carbines. The RRA should be a little cheaper, the BM a little better quality. I would'nt count on the AW ban going away, ever.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:18:50 PM EDT
Don't count out the M4 for distances over 100 yards. I was hitting steel plates at 400 yards using iron sights with my postban Bushy M4.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:27:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Vinnie:
Don't count out the M4 for distances over 100 yards. I was hitting steel plates at 400 yards using iron sights with my postban Bushy M4.

I'm not counting out the rifle.

I'm just not counting on me.

How is that y-comp that Bushmaster uses?
I've heard it's loud as hell, which wouldn't be a problem at the range, but I like to carry a rifle while hiking, and then ear protection is kind of impractical.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:48:31 PM EDT
Ive got a post ban bushy m4-a3 and its great, although they cost almost as much as a cheap preban. the mini y, is loud as hell but i like the looks of it
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:02:29 PM EDT
MAHABALI, I can only assume that you don't do a whole lot of shooting from the prone position, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:10:34 PM EDT

Never thought I'd have the occasion to use this term, but that is "BONERIFFIC"!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:07:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:

Originally Posted By Vinnie:

I'm not counting out the rifle.

I'm just not counting on me.

How is that y-comp that Bushmaster uses?
I've heard it's loud as hell, which wouldn't be a problem at the range, but I like to carry a rifle while hiking, and then ear protection is kind of impractical.

The Mini Y is loud, but it works. I on the otherhand had the luck in finding an M4 upper that had a 16 inch barrel withthe Mini Y tacked on. So I sent it away to Kurt's Kustoms and had him remove the Mini Y and slip a Fake Flash Supressor over the end of the barrel to keep it at 16 inches. My M4 is a complete fake from the fake Flash supressor to the fake telestyled stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:13:53 AM EDT
hahahahahahaha, LOL, look at that magazine!!! hahahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:26:01 AM EDT
I wonder what Freud would say about that mag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:54:30 PM EDT
No - THIS is the Mega-Mag!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:01:12 PM EDT
Vinne -

I've never put any stock in Freud before but DAMN I was thinking the exact same thing!!
Top Top