Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 9:39:57 PM EDT
I just purchased a PWA Pre-Ban.  I am trying to decide if I should keep it or not.  
The following Is stamped on the Lower:  PWA; Milan,IL; Cal. 5.56; COMMANDO; serial# 0005xxx, and 5.56 is stamped on the barrel.  It has only had 30 rounds fired through it.  It looks brand new.  It has a telescoping stock, a bayonet lug, and a SureFire Handguard.
Can anyone tell me what it is worth?  What should I ask for it if I decide to sell it?  
What Battery does the SureFire take?  Who sells the SureFire?  It looks cool it has a heavy duty flash light and It looks like it might have a laser sight in it as well.  I will try it out when I find out what battery it takes.  The rifle has never had a battery in it.

Thanks! Any advice is appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
PWA's are great lowers, keep itor sell it to me
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Or sell it to me - I'd say $700 is fair.... just kidding!  The rifle, minus the Surefire, is probably worth about $1000 - $1200, and the Surefire adds to that an amount that depends on what model it is. The light takes DL123 lithium batteries, again, how many depends on what model.  I'd keep it! PWA lowers are among the best, although they are out of business. That doesn't matter much though since AR parts are interchangeable. The lower receiver is the valuable part of your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep It!They aren't making any more prebans.I've got a Preban PWA Commando and love it. I picked it up at the local pawn shop 2 mths ago for $500.(That's right--complete rifle for $500-there is a God in Heaven)
$1000 is about right,not counting the SureFire, if it's in great shape.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If you decide to sell it let me know.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Help!  If I decide to sell it I will post it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top