Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 8:27:53 PM EDT
does anyone own a kel-tec 32 acp?if so what do you think about it and what type of ammo feeds reliably in it? it is a pip sqeak gun i realize but in some cases it is better than nothing i guess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
no probs ever with mine, stay away from hot corbon (really hot, excessive wear) and really chep ammo, anything else is o.k.  i have heard some lemon stories, but i haven't seen it, i think it's like when the glocks were introduced love or hate.
SWEET trigger, good recoil, 100% function with silvertips and magsafe ammo for me.
it's what i carry when i'm not carrying
i would recommend goldenloki.com for info on the p32.
(edited to add, get the stainless finish one, the other finishes are prone to wear and rusting.)
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, i wish you woulda asked for opinions on the NAA Guardian...

Sweet little gun
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn, i wish you woulda asked for opinions on the NAA Guardian...

Sweet little gun

ditto, the reason i went with the p32 was i knew someone who had both,so i was able to shoot them and at the time, my girlfriend was really getting into shooting for the first time and she wanted something she should shoot also, she couldn't pull the trigger on the guardian and the fucking thing feels like an m80 going off in your hand!! needless to say, i bought the p32, regardless of the bad things i heard and i love it,  250.00 ??? hell, you can't beat what you get. thinking about getting the guardian .380 now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
handguns.ar15.com/

www.ktog.org/

Should find all you need there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one.  I've been feeding her some locally loaded ammo and some Gold Dots.  Never a malfunction in about 500 rounds.

In fact, the first three shots I ever took with her, all went into the same hole at (I think) 10 yards.  Never have been able to reproduce that, but it's still surprisingly accurate.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a KEL-TEC P-40 and i love mine! fully loaded less than 1 1/2 pounds! (nine+1) 40 cal, my friend has the P-32 even less, a great ccw gun in your cut-off front pocket you will never know you have it!  Many people i know that have sea-camps,khars all leave theirs at home or sell them once they shoot and carry the KEL-TEC!   bob cole
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the best luck with Brazilian-made Magtech FMJ.  It only jammed about once per magazine.  Working that well could have just been a coincidence since I shot those before I wore-out the gun after firing a few hundred more rounds.  A friend and I went in together to buy 1K of S&B FMJ when AIM had it on sale for less than $100!  The S&B rounds have visible problems and widely varying bullet weights and powder charges, but for less than $5 per box, you can't complain.  They weren't as reliable as the MagTech's.  I tried-out about 6 other brands of ammo, and had no luck with any of them, but that was probably because of my worn frame.

I don't think there's any consensus on what ammo works in the P-32.  I've been on the mailing list since last summer and a regular reader on ktog.org for over a year, and every single time someone posts that they found a type of ammo that works, it seems that two or more people usually post back saying that they had trouble with it.  So, I guess you just have to find what works well in your P-32.  I really wish Kel-Tec would be more consistent with their manufacturing and/or would test fire the pistols before they leave the factory.  That would find the pistols with missing parts or grossly out of spec parts before they got into a customer's hands.z
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the P-32, love it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine works with Silvertips, it doesn't seem to care for S & B much.  Not stone reliable, but it works *pretty well* and is better than a sharp stick on the occasions when I "am not carrying."
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry the RBCD HV .32 in mine but it shoots anything I feed it.
I have to carry it sometimes as a primary, but I think its under powered for for a primary.
Its a great back up.
good luck
DA
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one.  It did not like S&B and hard primer ammo.  Called the tech, said just take one or two turns off the firing pin spring.  Solved the problem but those springs are hard to cut.
Sold it - miss it - going to buy another.  Best small 32 out there in my opinion.  Easy to carry - you often forget you have it in your pocket.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yepper and carry it only when I can't conceal something bigger.  Small, extremely light (6.6 oz), reliable and an easy pocket gun.  A .32 is better than nothing but not by much.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top