Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 5:45:23 PM EDT
A local shop has a NIB SA 1911A1, full size, park-ed, high-cap w/two 10 round mags for $560.  It has a very smooth and light trigger.

Any SA 1911 owners out there?  Is this a pistol that has a good rep?   What kind of high-caps will it take, Para's P13 or P14?

Here's a link to SA's sight, they claim a MSRP of $807!

http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-pstl-1911-hc.shtml

Thanks, Pepper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
$560!!  Hell, get it!! Get it now!!  I have the same pistol in stainless and I love it!!  Excellent trigger and very well made, best damn pistol I have ever owned....by far!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd get it.  I've got a SA Champion, and I've had no problems with it.  Springfield makes a good product.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a sa ultra compact that is wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The Springfield Armory 1911's will not accept the Para mags as they are double stack where as the Springfields are single stack.  Springfield makes a great handgun.  I have a Mil-Spec now and a Mil-Spec Operator on the way.  I love them!  I have yet to have a failure in over 800 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the SA High Capacity is a double stack, but I don't know if it will take Para mags. Probably. $560 is a good price for it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Grab it quick....snooze you lose.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Get it at $560 it's a great price, I own a SA Fullsize SS I got at a local gun show.  Wasn't really looking to buy, but his price was about $200 under MSRP on SA website.

I love it, it's the nicest pistol I've ever owned.

Always thought I was a piss poor shooter with a pistol till I got my SA.  Didn't know pistols were that accurate!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We are looking for a few good handgunners

handguns.ar15.com/forums/index.html

1) That is a good deal. I have a Mil-Spec. i've been working on and its a great 1911. I plan to buy another Springfield soon.

2)Regarding the handgun forum. I've been hanging around there to help create some more traffic. Maybe post some of your questions there as well as here. It'll help that forum grow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Mister Hemi,, love your new signature,, they've been good to the Nascar effort, but I'm afraid if they don't win the Pro-tock championship, that they might pull the funding next year,, Trucks are doing fantastic this year.4 out of 5 points leaders are Dodges... OK I wandered off topic,, Only thing I don't like about Springfields, is that they have their forgings made in Brazil, just wish they were all U.S. If it will accept Para mags, I have a couple extra P-13's would like to trade on some 5mm rimfire ammo if you could find any...
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one but the wide body wasn't for me. You wont have any problems with it. It was a great gun but not what my Colts are. Mine had more more travel in the trigger than I wanted. Also,I shoot alot and the plastic follower that comes with it wore down on the front edge. Springfield sent me a coupon for discounts after I purchased this. Take advantage of this for the extra mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Own a SA, excellent gun, grab it while you can.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mister Hemi,, love your new signature,, they've been good to the Nascar effort, but I'm afraid if they don't win the Pro-tock championship, that they might pull the funding next year,, Trucks are doing fantastic this year.4 out of 5 points leaders are Dodges... OK I wandered off topic,, Only thing I don't like about Springfields, is that they have their forgings made in Brazil, just wish they were all U.S. If it will accept Para mags, I have a couple extra P-13's would like to trade on some 5mm rimfire ammo if you could find any...

OT: yeah, I hope some things change and improve. I'm wishing Kerkorian luck in his lawsuit against Daimler. He wants things back to pre-1998 status. There is a pending suit by the German investors too

Now, regarding the Springfield Hi-Caps.

Springfield DOES make a frame which accepts Para type mags. I don't know if you have to special order it or what. You could call them and ask about it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We are looking for a few good handgunners

handguns.ar15.com/forums/index.html

Let me help you out. Here is what C & L is trying to say:
handguns.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=34
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
 great weapons have two a ss and a parkerized both great shooters. if was buying a 1911 it would be a springfield.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking of getting rid of my Springfield 1911. It doesn't have a guige rod. Its one those with just a spring. Its a pain in ass to take down and reassemble. I think I'll get a Colt series 80 instead.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#19]
MisterHemi,, Kerkorian, is that aka Mr. sixpack?, yeah hope he is successful,, about 3 months before the merger I bought , forunately only about 2k in Chrysler stock,, couple of months after, I had fewer shares, but at a higher price, then at one time it went to over 100 bucks a share, now look where its at... You don't have a blue charger that was featured in one of the Mopar mags do you.. did you post a question on Moparts.com one time about if two cars hit head on, each going 60, would it be the same as hitting stationary object at 120 etc.. if so I found some research and replied,, who won the hamburger.... Back to the topic,, when I had a FFL, the only trouble I had with a Springfield, was a Factory Comp gun, supposedly made in the custom shop,,, wouldn't feed worth a damn, had to send it back for the customer, they made it right though,,,  that was when they were first getting their custom shop going and I think they were swamped with orders for them,, have heard like on their M1A's when GI parts dried up, they used some substandard parts for a while on internals,, but this has been 10 years or so ago, most seem pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Great gun, great price.

HOWEVER, I am NOT fond of hi-cap 1911 guns because the grip is EXTREMELY THICK and the gun weighs a TON to carry for any length of time.  If you can live with these, great buy.

Since you are getting a great deal, I would highly suggest spending the $100 you saved on getting a good trigger/action job by an American Pistolsmiths Guild member.  Teddy Jacobsen in Houston area is awesome, but there are others as well...probably in your local area (don't want to mess with the damn shipping regulations, costs, etc.).

Better buy it quick...
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Allow me to rain on your parade:

I own a SA1911A1 Govt model that I love dearly & have had a Wilson NM barrel installed that shoots unbelieveable with junk ammo. Which leads me to the biggest (only?) fault of SA'a: they are the ONLY mfgr (AFAIK) that uses a two-piece barrel, everyone else uses a one-piece. Someone once wrote that "only accurate guns are interesting", I subscribe to that strongly.

Unless you can/will replace the barrel with something decent/better, I would suggest you take the same amount of money & buy a H&K USP. A stock USP will shoot rings around a stock SA, all things being equal.

Yes, I still have my SA & I use it mostly for bulls-eye matches or to expose someone to the 1911 design. No, I will never sell it as I have about $700 in it now.

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top