Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 11:54:13 PM EDT
I was wondering where I can get a CHEAP (as in under $50) wood stock for a 10/22 w/ bull barrel? I want a stock like the one that comes with the 10/22, but one that will fit a .920 barrel. I've seen nice wood stocks going for around $100, but I just want this stock to spray paint camo for hunting, so I don't care too much about it. Or is there a way to modify the old 10/22 stock to fit a .920 barrel? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
One more question:
What kind of pouch would work to fit Ruger 10rd 10/22 mags? I was thinking about either the Eagle or SOE grenade pouches. What do you think? Are they too big? (Maybe a little more than one question). Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of a wooden one for under $100.

You could probably enlarge the barrel channel in the factory stock. I believe some of the tools Brownells sells for bedding *may* work.

Now, the only problem I can see is this.

If its the BASIC stock, you probably WON'T be able to put the barrel band back on with a larger diameter barrel.

If you can get the DELUXE stock then this may work as it does not use the barrel band.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Boyds is having a sale on it's Blaster model - $99.99.  This stock is vary similiar to the Fajen Thumbhole stock.

www.boydboys.com
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a factory stock that has been modified to accept the bull barrels.  The first 2" of the barrel is supported by the stock and the rest floats.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Take the factory stock to a carpenter and he can router out the channel for a .920 barrel,throw away the barrel band and get the carpenter to cut the knob off back to where the band was and then round it out and stain to match rest of stock. I have done this and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I lucked out and had a buddy that found me a Ruger factory laminate stock for the bull barreled rifle.  I like it... got it for like $30... heheheh

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top