Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2002 2:52:09 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with this company? I am looking at the rack grade rifle and need to know if its worth it? Thanks- Loader
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2002 6:50:55 PM EDT by Sukebe]
Go to www.battlerifles.com. Go to the M-14 forum. There is a guy that recently received one of the new MKS M-14's with the forged receiver. He has some complaints(and photos) including what appears to be a Chinese bolt. I don't know anything about MKS other than what I have read on the net. They (or the ATF depending on your perspective)have cost a lot of people a lot of money. The ATF claims they illegally manufactured M-14's with scrap U.S.G.I. cut and weld receivers (The once a machine gun always a machine gun doctrine). MKS claims they had ATF approval. Everyone who bought one has had their receiver confiscated by the ATF and the case is headed for court. A huge mess for everyone involved. The report on battle rifles.com is the first report I've seen on their new forged receivers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:12:22 PM EDT
Having watched this debate rage across three or four different boards, let me be frank...stay the heck away from MKS until they have proven that they have their act together. That's gonna take a couple years in my opinion. They need to resolve their ATF court case. They need to make good with their former customers. They need to fill their current pre-orders (some of which have been waiting for more than a year.) They also need to get some good reviews from knowledgeable smiths.

Do yourself a favor and buy from an established company with a fairly solid track record such as Springfield Inc., Armscorp or Entreprise. All are decent receivers, though Armscorp and Entreprise sometimes seem to need some extra fitting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:07:48 PM EDT
BEWARE,,,,BEWARE,,,,BEWARE !!!!!
This guy sold hundreds of people rewelded M14 recievers that he manufactored without BATF approval, they are out of thousands of dollars and the BATF is confiscating the guns. Mike Kelly has never so much as apologized to anyone of them. He simply switched to selling different recievers.

He has lied on delivery dates, over-charged on credit cards,,failed to make delivery dates,,, and does not respond to inquiries about the problems,,,,,,,,he is a god-damned crook.

I had a personal experience with him and only the threat of reporting it to the BATF and USPS investigators got my problem corrected.

You better BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Top Top