Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 1:25:06 AM EDT
The Virginia Citizens Defense League is reaching out into the farther areas of the state now, of those areas being the Hamton Roads/Norfolk area.

With the new firearms preemption law in place, we are now going after localities, that have gun control laws still on the books, in full force.  To do that, we need your help.

Not only do we need members, but we need active members, to help us better seek out and destroy the last of the local gun control laws in the state.  We don't care if it's a town the size of New York City, or a town as small as Nutsville, Virginia - we are going after ALL gun control measures.  

The time for compromise is over.

It's time to rally together and wipe the last of the gun control measures off the books.  To rally together, I need troops.  I need volunteers to work the Virginia Citizens Defense League booth at the gun shows.  Volunteering gives you a chance to make a huge difference.  Not only is it a great way (the best way?) to recruit new members to the VCDL, it's also a great way to meet fellow gun owners and shooters in your area, swap ideas and advice on shooting & equipment, and the one-on-one interaction between you and the show's visitors shows fellow shooters that we're regular people, just like they are.  Volunteering gives you a chance to show them that the only difference between yourself and a non-member is your outright concern for preservation of your gun rights.

The concept behind the VCDL really sells itself.  All gun owners are concerned about their gun rights in one way or another.  We at the VCDL can give them any advice they may seek about their rights as Virginia citizens, where they can and cannot carry (concealed or otherwise), and we can update them on what's going on with certain gun control measures across the state.  The education we provide is priceless, and free.  We have all the information they might ask about, printed out and available right there at the table; so even if you are unsure of a certain question you may be asked, the materials are right there for your reference.  In return, we only ask that they might consider membership, so that our voice is heard louder and clearer every time a VCDL member stands up in a town, county, or state meeting to speak.

If you've never volunteered before, be rest assured that another experienced volunteer and I will be there to help out during all shifts, and provide backup to the more difficult questions.

Please help me out by volunteering for a shift at the Hampton Gun Show on April 20th-21st.

Currently, I've 3 or 4 more openings for volunteers at the following shifts:
Saturday, April 20th: 1pm-5pm
Sunday, April 21st:  10am-1pm & 1pm-5pm

Thanks for reading.

- Nigel Mulvena
Tidewater Area Coordinator, VCDL
[email protected]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top