Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2002 2:58:41 PM EDT
I was wondering if getting a pistol grip stock (regular stock w/ pistol grip attached, not just plain pistol grip) for my Winchester 1300 Defender would help make the reach to the forend closer? Right now, my pumping arm (left) has to be almost fully extended to reach the forend, making it pretty uncomfortable for any extended period of time. If this wouldn't work, do you have any suggestions? Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:05:47 PM EDT
I put the choat stock that you are talking about on mine, and i hated it.

there was no improvement on reach and the pistol grip just made the gun more bulky.

i was thinking of releaving my regular stock by about a 1/2" for more shootablity.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:06:31 PM EDT
I don't think a pistol grip would change anyting. Shortening the overall lenght of pull (saw off and inch of your buttstock) would be the best thing to do. Of course, then you would have to refit your recoil pad. Do you have really short arms or something? I think the Winchester has one of the closest forearms shotguns out there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:45:59 PM EDT
Well I never thought that my arms were short but apparently they are, or maybe my LBV pad pushed the stock away from my shoulder enough to make it feel uncomfortable. I guess I'll just try to get used to it. I don't have the know-how or the tools to shave off my stock. Even if I tried, I'd probably end up ruining the stock. Thanks for the help though...
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2002 7:54:11 PM EDT by ThunderStick]
I have a Winchester Model 1300 Marine with a pistol grip. A pistol grip will obviously make for a far shorter pull since the shotgun will not be fired from the shoulder position.

If you don't mind getting the webbing of your right hand, between your thumb and forefinger, a little sore (I hope you don't shoot off more than a few rounds) go for the pistol grip.
Top Top