Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2002 9:59:31 AM EDT
I have a pre ban OA 93 that has the free float tube. Is there any way I could replace it with a RIS or RAS system? I would like to mount a laser or light.

How do you remove a free float tube? Do I need special tools for this?

Also are there 2 piece free float shorty tubes out there to fit this pistol?

If you've seen an OA 93 pistol you know that there is a recoil tube right above the barrel. I was thinking about unscrewing the free float tube (if thats how its done) cutting it in half lengthways with a dremel and replacing it with a 2 piece RAS free float tube.

I was wanting to find a way to do this without removing the barrel if at all possible.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I'm open to any suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:12:53 PM EDT
Come on guys, someone help me out here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:39:01 PM EDT
Can anyone answere these questions? Come on, more people read and answered the STUPID post about how do you pronounce UZI...LOL

Surely someone has experience with free floating hand guards and knows how ro remove them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:24:53 PM EDT
if its like an ar, it just has to be twisted off. not quite that simple. the best way is the FF tube wrench. thier not to hard to find. i have seen it done with a big pair of pliars and something wraped around it to protect shape and finish. for that the receiver must be in a vice. they are supposed to be turned on to a certian FT/LBS with a torque wrench, but im not sure thats nessesary.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:44:10 PM EDT
Yes it is an AR15. The only difference is that it doesn't have a buffer tube. Its a pistol upper on an AR15 lower.

So all I have to do is just screw it off? That sounds simple enough. Now all I need to do is find a 2 piece free float rail system to go on it.

Anyone know where I can get one of these??
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:45:58 AM EDT
We can help you.

The Olympic Arms OA-93 has a buffer tube that is parallel to the barrel, abive it.

We have the short Olympic Arms FIRSH tube in stock. $75.00 plus S&H.

We also have the Olympic Arms armour's wrench on special for $22.00 plus S&H.

The rails should just clear or maybe with a little filing clear the upper buffer tube. Take a look at www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/firsh.htm for more information.

The Olympic Arms FIRSH hand guard is installed with a barrel nut that is threaded on the outside to accept the handguard.

Sincerely,
Mark Buda
Triple Break Products
buda@TripleBreakProducts.com
www.TripleBreakProducts.com
(603) 424-0923
FAX: (603) 429-0479
Top Top