Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT

anyone know anyhing about these? i think it looks kinda cool, at least for a 308 for under 300$. the detachable 10 rd mag would be nice too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
i have seen one but never fired one. the one i saw was ok but nothing special. the stock looked kinda "hokey" and cheap. i can think of a few other rifles that would be a better buy in the same price range or just a little higher.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
i've got the older version from gibbs with the standard walnut stock.  it's not bad, smooth action 100% reliability.  recoil wasn't bad either.  i only have 2 probs,
the iron sights are tiny and don't seem too sturdy, and i could not get it to pattern, that's right pattern not group better than 10" at 100 yds with a good, proven scope.  i shot it better at 100 yds with the iron sights, i called them about it and they told me "it must be the scope"  so i immediately put it on my remington 700 hbarl and shot m.o.a. at 100 yds, so who was wrong there?  i also noticed that it looked like the muzzle brake holes were painted after they were cut.
it would be an awesome in close brush hunting gun at under 100 yds which is wat i'm going to use it for.
in spite of the shortcomings, i think it was worth the small amount i paid for it.
my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top