BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 5:22:38 PM EDT
noreno.no-ip.com:800/small_arms_1.wmv

noreno.no-ip.com:800/small_arms_2.wmv

noreno.no-ip.com:800/small_arms_3.wmv

noreno.no-ip.com:800/small_arms_4.wmv

If you cannot pull up the videos, I will describe what I am talking about. This appears to be some kind of a military video. In the video, a guy teaches the basics of smalls arms operation. He assembles from parts an oversized cut-away model to illustrate the operation of small arms. He starts out with a 2 piece barrel which is sliced length-wise. He removes the top half and shows the bore. Then, he inserts some dummy rounds to show how the barrel works. Then, he picks up and oversized cut-away bolt and shows how it functions. Then, he gets an oversized receiver with various removable slots on it and installs the barrel on it, then inserts the bolt to demonstrate. he continues all the way until he has assembled an oversized cutaway model gun with Detachable Magazine and all. I'd love to have one of those parts kits to display on my wall.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an Army surplus store, in Damascus, Oregon, that used to have a big ass Garand hanging way up on the wall, next to a big ass .50 cal. machine gun. It sounds like the same thing, you're talking about. By the way, this place had all kinds of odd ball stuff, and they even a huge warehouse in the back, thats guarded better than most banks. Wonder what they got in there?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
NEENER-NEENER-NEENER...! I've got one!
Try Rav at the Dealers Warehouse. I got it about 5 or 6 years ago, so he may not have anymore...

PS---That is if it's a Garand you're looking. I've also seen M1 Carbine and M1919 MG's and was told there was BAR's also...
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a Garand. It is more like a generalized design. The receiver looks sorta like a Cutaway BAR.

It appears from the modular design that it could be used to simulate a number of different types of guns. The guy in the video built it into a Bolt Action with Detachable Magazine. But, it appears, that by adding a different rear section, you could make it into a Semi-Auto. type design. He changed the fire controls to demonstrate Striker and Hammer Fired.

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Well my neener went pretty limp there!(lol) The videos didn't want to load, so I didn't see what you wanted. I have only seen the replica training aids. The one you describe sounds pretty interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top