Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 2:12:22 PM EDT
Correction on where to shoot in the Pawnee National Grasslands for those of you that have asked. I went out today so here are accurate directions:
From Ault go east on Hwy 14 12.5 miles to CR 57 go north on CR 57 about 3 miles to CR 96 if you look to your left (west) before you turn on to CR 96 you will see where some people shoot. Or you can torn right onto CR 96 and go east until you have crossed 2 cattle guards and dropped down a hill. At the bottom of the hill turn right on the 2 tracker and go to the end, places to shoot there.

Have fun

dave
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
thedave,

how neeto to read about someone who stomps my old stomping ground, my wife & i have been out there many tymes, our first trip was Easter 1983, & every Easter till 1991.......

we shot our cannon in an area just below a windmill on a hill, scared the livin crap out of a crazyass dirt biker one tyme....

did you ever go across the state line on I15  & cilmb that hill ? if not tri it some tyme, there are about 25 Tipi Rings visable at the foot of the hill looking south.........

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I was out there yesterday as well.

This is where I go:

take 14 through Alt but keep going until you get to cty road 67.  Turn North.  continue up the dirt road, it will curve West and then back North again.  When you get to the 2nd time it wants to turn West again, keep going straight on forrest service road 63 until you get to a T with another unmarked road.  Turn East and you will see a series of turnoffs just up the road that lead to various shooting ranges.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This is where I go:

take 14 through Alt but keep going until you get to cty road 67.  Turn North.  continue up the dirt road, it will curve West and then back North again.  When you get to the 2nd time it wants to turn West again, keep going straight on forrest service road 63 until you get to a T with another unmarked road.  Turn East and you will see a series of turnoffs just up the road that lead to various shooting ranges.

I knew there were other areas as well, but I haven't had time to investigate them all.

Are you the one that lives in Windsor?

dave
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This is where I go:

I was out here yesterday as well. Was that you with the 3 SUV's and some full-auto action? I was shooting my AR for the first time. What a blast... Sights needed no adjustments out of the box. I am hooked :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is where I go:

I was out here yesterday as well. Was that you with the 3 SUV's and some full-auto action? I was shooting my AR for the first time. What a blast... Sights needed no adjustments out of the box. I am hooked :)

we were in a silver suburban, a while suburban and a Dodge truck.  LOTS of rounds downrange, but no full auto.  AR's, Fal, m1a's, AK's...

TheDave:  Yup, My brother and I both live in Windsor.  It's a lot closer getting out there for me than the metro dwellers...
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is where I go:

we were in a silver suburban, a while suburban and a Dodge truck.  LOTS of rounds downrange, but no full auto.  AR's, Fal, m1a's, AK's...

TheDave:  Yup, My brother and I both live in Windsor.  It's a lot closer getting out there for me than the metro dwellers...

I was to the west of you in a Red SUV :) That must have been bump firing I heard. Impressive :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is where I go:

I was to the west of you in a Red SUV :) That must have been bump firing I heard. Impressive :)

cool!  we did some bumpin'.  It was one of those days where it was just fun to throw lead.  We also had the bolt gun going shooting at easter eggs.  It's a Rem 700 VS.  

There were about 12 of us all firing at once at times though, so I'm sure it made a hell of a noise!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top