Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 5:45:23 PM EDT
I was shooting yesterday, and had a little problem. The safety selector lever came loose and flew out of the gun. After some inspection, I found my problem. The safety detent spring was not pushing the safety detent enough to grab a hold of the selector lever.

I just put a new grip on, so I'm pretty sure that's the problem. The grip is the Sierra Precision grip (love the feel, btw). My question is: What do I do? Are larger springs made, or is there a way to "rig it."
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
When I lost half of the spring form my takedown pin detent, I used a snip of the straw that comes with productls like WD 40 and Birchwood Casey Bore Scrubber.  I think it was a WD40 straw because it was red and highly visable.  I was planning on geting a complete spring replacement kit from Bushy, but the straw seems to be doing the trick.  I think they are the same sized spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top