Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2002 9:24:38 AM EDT
I know a gunshop who has a Post-ban lower, serial # in 200,000 range, on a preban upper, and I assume pre-ban upper because it has a bayonet lug on it and what appears to be a KKF muzzle brake.

I am sure they in Violation of Federal law trying to sell as a Pre-ban, but wanted to confirm before I bring this to thier attention!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:36:03 AM EDT
That's a Pre-ban upper ON a Post-ban lower, if your looking for a place to check the serial number try here: old.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp

Mike

PS - unless your buying it why bother telling them something they probably already know.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:40:36 PM EDT
Mr_wilson

I told them, and they did not know! Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:42:09 PM EDT
Mr_wilson

I told them, and they did not know! Then they charge me $22.25 to ship a pistol. Not even a thank you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:31:53 PM EDT
my advice would be to mind your own business.

if more people would do so, the world would be a better place. if the dealer gets into trouble, that's his problem.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:28:20 AM EDT
Well it's not the gunshop's problem when they sell it to an unsuspecting customer. Said customer gets busted somehow, yada yada yada...

You did the right thing Gundude. You didn't squeal to the Feds. I'd steer clear of that place if i were you though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:38:43 AM EDT
UPS requires over night shipment of all handguns now because of internal theft problems by UPS, so $25 for shipping is pretty much standard now for handguns.

FFLs may also posses post 94 assault weapons for sale to LE officers and other dealers.

Top Top