Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2002 11:24:48 AM EDT
Guy's, what are your thoughts on the new Bushmaster with the M-4 profile barrel? I am thinking on getting one but cannot decide on the 20" barrel or the M4 profile barrel.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:36:30 AM EDT
Depends on what you want to use it for. I built one of each since the new years. The M4 is alot lighter than the 20 inch Hbar. If you are using optics, the open sight radius won't come into play. As of last week, I know I can reach out and touch someone with my M4 at 400 yards.

The 20 incher has less recoil. Better sight placement for open/iron sights, the Strage compartment for cleaning rods in a pinch.

Either one would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:45:59 PM EDT
don't worry, this is an addiction. Soon enough you will have both... then another, and... well you get the point. Get whatever you think you will enjoy the most. The only thing I do not like about the bushy M4 is the muzzle break.
Best luck with whatever you decide on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:01:34 PM EDT
Do what I did, buy the 20" HB then save up some money, log onto the Bushmaster website and buy the complete M4 upper later. It's like having two very different rifles for less money. And having the extra bolt/carrier doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:57:22 PM EDT
Get both, you wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:45:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sodie:
Do what I did, buy the 20" HB then save up some money, log onto the Bushmaster website and buy the complete M4 upper later. It's like having two very different rifles for less money. And having the extra bolt/carrier doesn't hurt either.

That's what I thought. My first Bushy AR was a Shorty AK. Then this new year I decided I wanted an M4. So I bought the upper and was just going to swap back and forth or maybe retire the AK upper. Anways I had a gift cert. from Christmas to my local guns store so I got the bright idea to buy a new lower and have 2 AR's. Then I decided to pick up a 20 inch upper to swap with the Shorty AK. Well I ordered my lower and saw it wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be, so the next week I ordered another, and Viola I have 3 AR's in under a year.

Of course I was able to rationalize every step of the way. It's a sickness.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:16:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:22:25 PM EDT
To my way of thinking, if you want an M4 only buy preban because that is truly what the M4 was intended to be like. Post Ban is fine for 20" rifles and probably better IMHO, but for the 16" M4 models nothing beats preban
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:25:44 PM EDT
Being a rookie owner, my first purchase was a Bushy with the M-4 barrel. Like the others have said, it all depends on what you will be using it for. Works fine for me, considering it's my home defense piece, but i can comfortably whack a target at 200.

I think the next thing on my list is a 20" flattop upper and another lower.

"Fear The Mullet"
Top Top