Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 11:13:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 8:43:27 AM EDT by Ramsos]
I finally received my stripped FAB10 lower I built it using a DPMS parts kit. I took it out to the range yesterday to try it out I fired the first shot and the action did'nt cycle, so I charged it again and I shot a three round burst! so I opened it up and looked inside. It looked normal to me so I tried it again and it dumped the whole mag. All the sudden the range master came up to me running with a very interested look on his face and said hey you cant shoot that here. I told him that I had built it using semi auto parts and I don't know what went wrong. He told me I could shoot one round at a time and it would be okay. Everyone at the range surrounded me and asked me about it they thought I had a true full auto. I live in the most Anti-firearm state in the country where full-auto is out of the question. I felt really uncomfortable so I left The range master knows me because I come in every weekend so he gave me a pass to come back free next week. I am lucky he likes me because I am sure someone else would have called the police. When I got it home I seperated the upper from the lower cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger, then I pulled the hammer back again with my finger still on the trigger and it wouldn't lock back until I took my finger off the trigger is that normal or am I using full auto parts by mistake. I don't have an auto sear and the bolt carrier is for semi auto. The only other lower I have built was a single shot lower so I don't have much experience with these and I don't know anyone with an AR to compare with, any help would be greatly appreciated. Un-registered full-autos get you ten years in the slammer around here thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:38:17 AM EDT
Would be interested in knowing how that worked, but I dont know enough to be of any help to you,I'll follow the posts to see what one of our more educated brothers or sisters here come up with..
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:30:06 PM EDT
Have you tried a function check.

1) Charge the UNLOADED Weapon
2) Squeeze and hold the trigger back
3) Charge the weapon again - still holding trigger back.
4) Release the trigger, you should hear and feel a click.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:46:10 PM EDT
Check your disconnect, it sounds like it isn't working correctly.
You should be able to hold the trigger down, and push the hammer back - if the disconnect is not catching the hammer then you have a problem. Dissemble and make sure that the spring in the disconnect is functioning properly.

www.ar15.com/articles/article.html?article=34#trigger

- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 8:44:40 AM EDT by Ramsos]
Sulaco you are the man I guess when I built my single shot lower I neglected to install the disconector spring so when I transferred the parts to the semi-auto FAB 10 there was still no spring. Now it all makes sense to me no Disconnect spring and a stiff Hammer spring = Full Auto FAB thanks a million now I need to get one of those springs some of the guys at the range thought it was pretty cool but I was startled because I only expected one shot. Now I know what it feels like to shoot in (slam-fire)full auto, I am suprised that's all it takes to shoot full auto. Thanks again no jail for me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:33:17 PM EDT
Yes, I am watching.

Arock
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:09:37 PM EDT
Alwasy happy to help
- Sulaco
Top Top