Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2002 6:49:35 PM EDT
I just paid off my new Ruger 10/22 from AWC with a stainless barrel and an integrated suppressor. This looks like a bull barrel .22 to the casual observer. I should have it by August 1st. That gives me some time to think about the optics. I can't decide red dot or traditional scope. I was thinking a Leupold 2x7 Rimfire version but it only comes in black. Please Help!!! I would like to stay under $300 to $400 for the optics since I already have almost $1500 in this rig with the tax stamp and all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 7:41:53 PM EDT by jimmybcool]
Haulingice,

Depends on what ya want to do with it. I have, err, my wife has a 10/22 tricked out with all the Volq stuff and threaded for a removeable suppressor. We started with a Tasco Propoint dot sight. Worked real good too. But of course, we can't ever leave anything alone can we? So, I put a Simmons 3x9 on her. Not enough (actually is was but....). Finally went full bore and installed a Weaver T36. Damn. That puppy can make one hole at 25 yards easy. I think on a calm day and good shooting you could do it at 50. Haven't had it long enough though.

Tell us what you're gonna do with it first.

Here's a few pics of my, err, the wifes 10/22 and the markII with the suppressor:

James
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:31:05 AM EDT
The only thing I can say is I'm going to shoot the heck out of it. Or maybe just take it to the range for show. I'll probably just shoot paper to be honest maybe out to 100 yards but I don't really shoot .22 stuff that much. Probably going to shoot it at 25-50yards most of the time off of a bench at the range.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:28:47 PM EDT
you should check out the Leupold XJ-1000 series. Perfect for what you describe.
Top Top