Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 12:10:41 PM EDT
A fellow over at HKPRO went to a Tom Knapp Exibition recently and spoke with an Benelli rep about the M4.

He told this person that they are deep into military contracts and is being told it will be at least 2 years before a civilian version will be available.

Likely to be the top in the picture....

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I don't see the big deal if they aren't going to make it with the cool stock.

I know our retarded laws would not allow a "collapsible" stock, but at least put a non-collapsible "post ban" stock on it
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That could be a blessing in diguise, becuase 2 years from now it will be able to have the 'evil' collapsable stock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, I played around with that collapsible stock at the NRA convention. It's very durable I'm sure, but I don't see what someone like me would gain or even a police officer for that matter. It's kind of a pain to pull it back out, since you have to twist and then pull, if you need it quickly. I guess if you're a Marine lugging around 250 shotgun shells and jumping out of an airplane, then I could see the advantage in terms of saving space.

themao
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot the M1014 and I really don't see all the draw to it, if you want a similar experiance it feels pretty much like the M1S90
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You know, I played around with that collapsible stock at the NRA convention. It's very durable I'm sure, but I don't see what someone like me would gain or even a police officer for that matter. It's kind of a pain to pull it back out, since you have to twist and then pull, if you need it quickly. I guess if you're a Marine lugging around 250 shotgun shells and jumping out of an airplane, then I could see the advantage in terms of saving space.

themao

Think "Body Armor".  When you layer on your clothing, body armor and gear, the variable length of pull makes a BIG difference.  That's why I prefer pre-ban ARs.  Not for the FS or lug, but the collapsible/variable stock is really nice (and I have short little arms).
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
As a breaching device, sure I could see having the collapsable stock and hacking the tube.

However as a practical matter and as one that like to shoot slugs - I would say no thanx to the collapsable stock. I do not see the utilitarian value.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Think "Body Armor".  When you layer on your clothing, body armor and gear, the variable length of pull makes a BIG difference.  That's why I prefer pre-ban ARs.  Not for the FS or lug, but the collapsible/variable stock is really nice (and I have short little arms).

So as I was saying, for someone like me (non-leo) or a normal police officer that typically does not wear class III or IV body armour, you don't need it.

themao
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I had Gunsite cut the stock (reduce the LOP) and add a better recoil pad on my Super90M1 and I like it a lot.
It is eaiser to shoot with heavy clothing or body armor on.

The only "draw" to the M4 is that it looks cool and I like the optic rail on the top.
I probably wouldn't buy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top