Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 4:16:57 PM EDT
I asked a local Remington dealership to get a price for me on a 700P.  I stopped by today and asked what the price was.  He said he called Remington and they said they would not sell the 700P to a reseller unless they had a letter on LE letterhead?  What the hell is this all about?  Doesn't Remington want my money?  I'm pretty damn pissed right now.  I do have another location to buy one, but what the hell????
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
djk - I just bought one a week or two ago myself. If you are having problems getting one - email me and I will put you in touch with the FFL I got mine from.

Remmy (and some dealers) I think use this "we won't sell to you non LEOs" *wink* *wink* more as a way to drive the price up than to shield themselves from liability.

It is BS either way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top