Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 4:10:12 PM EDT
Well love might be too strong a word, but I really like it allot!

I but an adjustable buttpad on my pre-ban M4 and tried it out this past weekend.

Albeit not a cheap solution, I like the way it extends the stock slightly and raises it up to my eye level so I don’t have to hunch over.

While I am a new shooter, and I may not even be holding this thing right, (which end it the front?) it feels really good to me.

Now I just have to zero that new GGG rear.

--LS
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to try out one of those short but stocks for length.  Interesting.

Quoted:
PS: Would this be illegal on a post ban?

I'm not sure.  It depends on how a collapsible/folding butt stock is defined in the law, and if that stock piece you have meets that definition.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks trick,but would you not have been just as well off with the A2 stock.Or if you wished for something a little shorter a A1 stock at least.Just my thought,to each his own.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Q-Man I am trying one out now.  It is short, very short.  I think adding an inch or so would be about right.  However after I have a chance to actually fire the weapon I will be make that judgment.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
RAH,

It is still shorter than an A1. Plus it drops the buttbad down about 2 inches. That allows me to have a good shoulder weld and the irons line right up with my eyes.

And its totally adjustable, in-out, up-down.

--LS
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
No Comment
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:40:48 AM EDT
[#6]
longshot,

According to what I have read, the AR is supposed to brought up next to your cheek, so you don't end up leaning your head over.
This puts just the "toe?" of the stock against your shoulder.
Not how I grew up shooting .22s, but after getting used to it, it seems natural to me now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top