Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 1:14:48 PM EDT
I took apart the bolt and now can't put the darn thing back together.  Can someone give detailed instructions or a link???

btw...it is from AIM and is sweeet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Lemmie know if you can't get it back together...

home.thezone.net/~k98k/K98_diss.html
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Deluged with info...!
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Uuuuggghh...

This thing is giving me trouble still.  I have four pieces.  The firing pin, and the three pieces that connect to it.  I can't seem to get them to go together so it will screw into the bolt handle part.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
"Put the bolt body down and let's get to the firing mechanism. You can use the Bolt Take Down Disk on the butt of the rifle (5A), or drill a 1/8" hole about 1/4" deep in a piece of soft wood. For this example, use the take down disk. Place the firing pin tip into the hole and the firing pin safety shoulders will rest on the disk. Keep the assembly vertical and do not accidentally bend the tip.

Keeping the safety vertical, place your thumb over the safety, grip the bolt sleeve and compress the spring. With the other hand, as soon as the cocking piece turns freely, rotate it 1/4 turn in either direction, lift off, and gently release pressure on the spring.

The bolt sleeve and spring will slide off the firing pin. Turn the safety to the right and remove."

This is disassembly---just reverse instructions...
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahha! I did'nt have the safety in the vertical position.  Got it now.  Thanks a bunch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top