Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 8:56:07 PM EDT
I have a buyer for a preban Colt Sporter.  He lives in upstate NY.  Can I ship and sell it to him through an FFL dealer?  It has all the "evil" features....Thanks! Chuck
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I see pre-bans for sale in gunshops here all the time, as long as it is 100% pre-ban and you ship to an FFL no problem. If seeing is believing , then do a search by state for new york on gunsamerica.com for pre ban, there are several.
aimless, you are muddying up the picture, the last line of your second page says it all, pre-1994
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Nice cut & paste job Aimless- but what
are you trying to say ?

The guy asked about selling a PREBAN rifle.

I thought the NY law only copied FEDERAL law,
(yes I know there's no sunset, and I assume
we're not talking about Albany or NYC ).

So what's the problem?

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as the semi-automatic rifle is legal at the federal level, it is perfectly legal in New York State (outside 5 NYC boroughs and City of Albany).

As long as it was possessed before September 14, 1994, it can be as "evil" as you'd like it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top