Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2002 5:39:01 PM EDT
Hello everyone. I've been lurking awhile and have been bitten by the AR bug. Now would like your opinion/thoughts on an AR I'm thinking about buying. It's a Dissipator model, 16" barrel with long front stock and green furniture with CAR stock. Current owner claims it was a factory gun. Its in like new condition, however has been fired with claimed 20 rounds. It has a 4 digit serial number. Seller is asking $1500.

Is this a fair price? Did Eagle Arms make a Preban Dissipator with green furniture? Did preban Armalites have Eagle Arms markings? Is there a quality difference between preban Eagle Arms and Armalites?

Hope not too many newbie questions. Thanks in advance for your answers and patience.

/r,

Deucer01
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2002 6:07:59 PM EDT by 5subslr5]
Eagle Arms did make pre-ban rifles. Later Eagle bought the ArmaLite name and certain other assets and their name became ArmaLite.

I just don't remember a Dissipator model or green furniture being made though I'm certainly not sure.
Does the seller have the original box ??

What's the model number on the receiver ?
Carry handle fixed or removable ?

By the way, welcome to AR15.com !!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:33:35 PM EDT
"I just don't remember a Dissipator model or green furniture being made though I'm certainly not sure.
Does the seller have the original box ??

What's the model number on the receiver ?
Carry handle fixed or removable ?"

Seller does not have original box. Don't remember the model number, will have to check tommorrow and post. It has a fixed A2 carry handle. Thanks again.

Deucer01

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:32:57 AM EDT
I don't think Eagle Arms made any green furniture dissipators. If the receiver says "Eagle Arms Coal Valley IL" it's a preban. If it says "Eagle Arms by Armalite" it's a postban.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:57:09 AM EDT
I have a preban eagle arms and love it. It is a 4 digit just like yours. I do not remember any dissipator models that Eagle Arms made in the past. I think it was a Bushmaster thing.

As for the price I think it is a little high. I usually see them around 1200-1300 dollars for complete rifles and 800 for a complete lower. They are of good quality, if I saw one again I would buy it.

Hope this helps

Max
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:19:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2002 2:48:42 AM EDT by Deucer01]
Thanks all for the replies/welcome. Decided not to buy because of price. Will continue to look...

BTW I'm married to a beautifull woman also.

Deucer01 :)
Top Top