Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2002 3:34:12 PM EDT
Okay guys, I have a question. I'm looking to buy a couple of pre-ban carbines in mint or new condition. Looking to buy them for my collection and hopefully my kids some day. Which is going to be worth more money some day? The Colt or the Bushmaster? I really like the carbine.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. As y'all know, this is a big investment and I don't want to regret my choices later. Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:54:36 PM EDT
For investment purposes, Colt. Gene
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:59:35 PM EDT
crowboy hit it on the head. I might add to make sure we are talking original not parts guns for investment. Colt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:00:57 PM EDT
Ditto, Colt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:48:13 PM EDT
Colt will always be worth more, but Bushmaster makes a better gun IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:25:33 PM EDT
Thanks guys for all the info. I kind of figured Colt would be the name to go with because of the name. I have to agree, I really enjoy pre-ban Bushmasters but as a long term investment, I think it is going to be the Colt in a 9mm and a couple of 223's. I'm actually in the process of liquidating some of my toys just so I have a nice chunk of change at the BRC. I can't wait for this show. I hope everybody is in the mood for selling some of their pre-bans if they have them there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:46:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GREY15:
Colt will always be worth more, but Bushmaster makes a better gun IMHO.

Not if you're talkin' preban. Post ban, definitely. For that matter, the best post bans, IMHO, are KAC SR-M4's. But me? I don't like mother dictating the flavor of my ice cream. I think you get the point.

Earlier Colt prebans with same-size, dual pins (both small), fenced mag releases, & reinforced lowers are the best indicators of quality Colt prebans. But, once you start getting into models with odd sized pins, front screw pins, etc., you're into the trash.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:44:09 AM EDT
Negative.

Swing by www.gunbroker.com and just peek at what these rifles are selling for.

There was a preban Bushy on there that sold for $2700 with a 16" upper on it a few days ago.

The only Colt that seems to be bringing that kind of money is the Gov't carbine.

Colt made a bunch of prebans (don't know exact numbers) and Bushmaster made less than 60,000...

Which do you suppose is going to be the collectors value item in 5-10 years
Top Top