Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 4:57:23 AM EDT
I have an old AR15 marked "Sendra Corporation, Barrington, IL", XM15 E2, ser#04XXX. It is a very dependable old rifle and I would like to know more about it. A search on the net brought little information. Can someone tell me anything about this company? Were they ever used by the military? Are they a collectible or are they considered junk?
Thanks,
capsbond
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:11:41 AM EDT
Here's all I know:

Post-ban receivers have a circle milled into the side of the magwell. All others are pre-ban(this is unverified info) They were originally bead-blasted to a non-glare finish. Also, the company used to be called NESARD. Rumored to have been owned by Dick Drasen (currently M&A Parts) and produced lowers only out of Barrington, Illinois. No complete guns were sold (again, unverified info).
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:36:19 PM EDT
I have a SENDRA that seems to be a well made lower. It is still very tight in all ways. Do a search on this site for moe info.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:26:55 PM EDT
Jerry Draeson - aka Nesard, aka Sendra, Barrington Il.

(Actually made a receiver for the old AR-10)

Nothing else do I know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:36:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:46:49 PM EDT
I appreciate all the info. The idea of searching this site supplied a lot of information as well.
Thanks guys!
Steve
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:47:25 PM EDT
They are junk,I'll take it off your hands and keep you from getting hurt with it. Hey you can't blame a guy for trying. Now that I got that out of the way.Sendra,s are good guns that sell for about the same price as cast Olys. You have a nice forged lower there
Top Top