Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2002 9:40:57 PM EDT
Looking for an AR15 bolt carrier that doesn't have the cutout that exposes the firing pin collar.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:13:35 AM EDT
M16 bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:34:20 AM EDT
Not m16. I know someone makes a bolt carrier that has the rear cut out so it won't engage an autosear, but doesn't have the cutout that exposes the collar on the firing pin. I have a lower that the hammer runs a little high in so it is catching the collar on the firing pin (unless you hold the trigger to the rear causing the disconnector to catch the hammer). I know it isn't a problem with the fire control parts as I've tried 3 different set to no avail.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2002 1:57:27 AM EDT by Shadowblade]
I've heard Colt makes these - not sure though. There was a thread on Bushmaster going PC - which was a rumor - that mentioned it.

Edited:

I just read another post which makes your problem more clear to me. Ignore my Colt remark because I was thinking of something else. The M16 carrier does have an extended ramp - also mentioned was Professional Ordinance carriers. Is there a real problem with what you are running now? I have a preban Bushy with a firing pin that looks like it was beaten to death, but it isn't bent and runs just fine.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:09:29 AM EDT
I dont know
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:29:13 AM EDT
Is this a lower you put together?

Sounds like a problem I had awhile back. Try replacing the hammer with the one with the step, not the rounded hammer.

I replaced it my lower ran like clockwork.

Just a thought, and it is cheaper than buying a new bolt.

Max
Top Top