Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2002 7:31:43 AM EDT
I started digging around and found I had a choice between the number of pieces. Whats the difference and which would be better for general plinking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:11:55 PM EDT
btt - ive been wondering about this too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:50:22 PM EDT
Anybody?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:41:08 PM EDT
You'd probably get a faster answer if you posted this to a more specific forum such as "Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more". There's enough traffic in this forum for it to get lost in the static.

You'll find that 2 piece tubes are easier to install. 1 piece tubes may have a theoretical advantage in strength by I doubt it.

The different between them is that with a two piece model there is a short piece that works as the barrel nut that screws onto the upper and holds the barrel in place. These usually are compatible with a regular barrel wrench. A one piece unit is simply that, one large tube. The problem is that to install a one piece tube you usually need to use a strap wrench which is harder to use with a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:27:18 PM EDT
Hi ICE,
From everything I have found out don't get a one pcs., its to hard to line up the gas tube a tighten the nut down right. Get a two pcs. or the three pcs. You tighten the barrel nut down and use lock nut to hold the float tube in place.
Red
Top Top